23 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2011 10:04 AM by PSU Fan RSS

Seven days in May

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

How many Insiders would appreciate the Concierge Lounge being open for business every day of the week?  I know that I would appreciate the ability to use it on weekends if the need arose, and hope that others feel the same way. It was a change for many hotels, especially the J.W. Marriotts, that eliminated the always open policy some years back.

I hope that we can make enough of an impact that Marriott might consider this option.

• Re: Seven days in May
    engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews

Count me as a yes!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

It gets my vote!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

Same here. I'd even be happy with a "reduced services" weekend option.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

Yes!  I know a few Marriotts that already offer the limited weekend service - specifically the Long Beach and LA Airport Marriotts (at least they did when I last stayed).

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Yes, absolutely!

taxman415 Platinum

I am all for seven days a week...

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

Wouldn't this be great?  For my own part, the fact that there are no CL services available sometimes tips the scale for me if I'm at a property when it's going into the weekend and I'm deciding whether or not to stay an extra day to just relax.  I, too, would be happy even with limited beverage service available on weekends.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I'm with you, Diogenes, for all the reasons that have been stated above and my own as well as EngineerGirl's.

ProfChiara

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Simple answer - does Marriott think their premier travellers do not also stay weekends? If they believe this true, then close the lounges.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I have never understood the Marriott position of closed CL's on the weekend and no breakfast for elites on the weekend. As Pingreeman says, does Marriott think their best customers do not travel on weekends? It's like being told that 'we like having you during the week but not on weekends'. What's the point of that statement? Being closed on the weekend certainly does not foster goodwill towards their best customers. I, for one, think it's ridiculous policy.

Since I retired six years ago, I travel any day of the week and usually more on the weekend than weekdays. I think it is trivial to shut down the CL's and the elite breakfast offer on the weekend. Do we pay less to stay the weekend than the weekday? In my case, not usually. My stays are, in most cases, running through the weekend with weekdays attached at the beginning or end of the weekend.

vrrooom Platinum

Some hotels do allow access via key card to the room on unattended hours - weekends in particular.  There is no food/beverage service or concierge, but the computers, TV and reading materials are available.  I am certain that this decision is a local GM's call and is fine with me.  My weekends at Marriott are liesure related, so I am in no rush for breakfast - the resturant is fine with me.

rmartinjr Platinum

Two two properties that I have recently stayed at in Europe (Vienna, Austria Marriott & Berlin Germany Marriott) have lounges that were open seven days a week, and they provided the full service each day.  Don't understand why they can't/won't do it in the States. 

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I also vote yes.  Most of our trips are leisure and usually involve a week-end stay.

debmole Platinum

There used to be many more open on the weekends.  It seems that the amenities are being lessened rather than increased at this point.  I appreciate the lounge and would love to see it open on weekends as well.  If not I would like to get a coupon for breakfast at the restaurant, but that does not always happen.  I am a platinum premier and often have to work on weekends and require a hotel stay.

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

I would definitely like to see this happen!

traveler2 Platinum

Absolutely!  I would also propose they offer free wine and beer. Liquor at a cost. We have been in the Hyatt lounge where everything was free!!I think Marriott needs to step up a bit!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Traveler2 -- Drinks were also complimentary at the Sheraton Denver Tech Center, and as of last weekend, their club lounge is now open 7 days a week.  Marriott needs to get in step!

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Just as RMartinJr noted, a lot of European Marriott's keep their lounges open on the weekend.

I'm with everyone here, it would be a nice perk, even if they just had drinks on hand without an attendant.

redwood Platinum 5 Reviews

I would like weekend opening alos!

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

I stayed at the JW in Grand Rapids, MI this past weekend and the lounge was open in the morning and evening but not midday.

My wife and I decided to head to the lounge to relax for a few minutes in someplace other than our room before heading out to dinner with friends. I must say, I was somewhat disgusted by the behavior I saw there. We must have arrived just as the hors d'oeuvres were being served. There was a mad rush and I saw people piling up 2 or 3 plates. Most people were treating it like an all-you-can-eat buffet. The poor guy serving beer and wine was courteous, but it was pretty obvious he was overwhelmed. And I wasn't really eavesdropping, but I don't recall hearing a single "thank you" either.

I'd like access to the lounge 7 days a week, but if that is the typical weekend experience I'm not surprised most properties are cutting back.

txnroses Platinum

I think this is a must if they intend to keep loyal customers....... Omni, Hilton, even SPG's have this.

alland Platinum

There was a time when the lounges we open seven days a week and then came cost cutting which seemed to go hand and hand with fewer towels and one robe (if any).  This is one of my biggest Marriott disappointments. Some of us travel for business on weekends as well as for leisure and I would love to have lounge access seven days a week,  There are a few hotels in the US who do this but not many including not many airport hotels, while their international counterparts are more forward thinking.  Bring back the seven day a week lounge!

PSU Fan Platinum 2 Reviews

Add another "yes" vote. Because I no longer travel for business, all of our stays are personal travel so we find the concierge lounge is a nice plus for our loyalty to Marriott properties.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...