5 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2011 10:24 AM by roadwarrior59 RSS

Bad Experience

kingkamea Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone else had a bad experience @ the Ritz Carlton, New Orleans?

As a Platinum Premier member, I would have thought that I would have gotten superb service. Not the case! In fact, I'm ashamed to say that this hotel is part of the Marriott family.

If as Mr. Marriott states, the associates have recieved extensive training in customer servcie, then this hotel FAILS miserably at achieving the "Gold Standard".

Buyer beware!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
  • Re: Bad Experience
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

What happened King?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

I stayed there in October and I would say the service was "standard".  I was not recognized for my platnium level nor was there any type of room upgrade.  I did not expect much so I guess my expectations were met.  I am staying there again at the end of May.  It will be interesting to see if there are any changes.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

It would be helpful if Insiders knew what the experience was that you encountered that created such a bad impression. I know this hotel is poorly done and the layout can be very confusing, with different levels to go to for it seems almost everything (ground floor, car park; another floor, check-in; and so on...).

Nevertheless, that is no excuse for poor service. I don't use this hotel anymore for the layout and setup. There are many more Marriott options that are better.

kingkamea Platinum 1 Reviews

Let's just say that whenever I have stayed at this hotel, I have been made to feel like an unwanted guest. There's nothing about this hotel that I have enjoyed, and never plan to return. I definately agree with you, there are so many other options. I prefer to stay at the Renaissance Arts, or Marriott Lakeview.

roadwarrior59 Platinum 1 Reviews

Interesting that you had such a bad expereince, yet when prompted to supply any details you choose to be vague.  Why?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...