3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2011 7:50 AM by NathalieF RSS

Earning Points on Gym Membership

jf1872 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone out there advise if I can earn points based on my monthly gym fees?

Im a member of the Gym in Marriott Glasgow and wonder if this is possible?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Earning Points on Gym Membership
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

You can almost always have your monthly gym membership charged to your Marriott Chase credit card -- I do, along with my cell phone bill, electric bill and all other monthly charges.  You'll get 1 point per dollar spent.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I think it depends on the actual ownership of the gym. In many cases the gyms are owned by a third party or managed by one. While the staff there might be Marriott associates, they may be employees of the thrid party.

In addition, earning points is normally confned to money spent at a Marriott hotel in conjunction with a Marriott stay (night in the hotel). As Professor Ciara mentioned you can get Marriott Rewards points by using on the Marriott branded credit cards, the Visa card.

Money spent at a Marriott earns as much as 5 points per dollar, and as long as the receipt shows the vendor to be Marriott, those points should be credited to your account.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

JF1872, thank you for your question.  Marriott Rewards members can only earn points if they have a stay at the hotel or by using the Marriott Rewards credit card.  Members who have gym memberships but are not staying at the hotel do not earn points on this type of spending, unless they use a MR credit card for the gym fees.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...