3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2011 1:59 PM by allijeee RSS

Meetings Matter More Reward

allijeee Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Everyone!

I have a question about the Meetings Matter More reward.

I had a meeting in February and the double points posted immediately to my account. I then had another meeting, at a different Marriott, at the beginning of March and the double points JUST posted to my account, about 5 weeks later. Now I know in the Meetings Matter More promotion outline, it says the points could take 6 weeks to post, but why is that? Is there a way that the individual hotel could expedite the process?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Meetings Matter More Reward
    davidinla Platinum

Hi Allijeee,

To be quite honest it seems to be a bit arbitrary. I've had some points credit right away and others take weeks.

It appears Marriott Meeting Matters double points has not been renewed for the second quarter.

On the positive side, Starwood is still offering 100,000 bonus points for meetings. Unlike Marriott you have to be a Starwood Planner to earn these points. Thanks Starwood for the recognition! Marriott doesn't have any such loyalty!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Insiders, The reason you are seeing this difference in the time in takes for points to post to your account is because of the way the points are systematically posted.  Points are posted for this promotion in a batch, meaning, all the qualifying events are posted every 6 weeks.  This means if your event is closer to when the batch is run you will get your points sooner.  If you have an event just after run took place it may be as long as 6 weeks before they post.  I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Laura

allijeee Platinum

This is SO helpful!  Thank you!!!  While it may seem to be an arbitrary point, it absolutely matters to be when these points post, as I am patiently waiting for my points, in order to purchase an upcoming trip. Thanks for the info!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...