Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2011 4:59 PM by ukconsultant RSS

Spring Megabonus Winding Down...

versel Alumni Steward Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

This is a friendly reminder that Spring Megabonus is winding down. Make sure to get your qualified stays in by 4/30/11.

It is with mixed feelings that I am pleased/disappointed to report that I did not meet the minimum 20 night paid stay threshold. Bad because I didn't get the extra points. Good because I was able to spend more time with the family.

For those of you in a similar situation, there is good news. There are three flavors of the Spring Megabonus:

• 25k pts for 15 nights + another 15k pts if you reach 20 nights
  • 35k pts for 20 nights + another 15k pts if you reach 25 nights
  • Free Cat1-4 certificate after two stays (max 2)

Luckily, you can switch to the others if you need to. Just call customer service, tell them you won't quite make the minimum stay requirement, and ask to be enrolled in one of the other options (not sure if this is a courtesy only applied to Platinum Elite or not). Based on prior travel patterns, I was automatically enrolled in the 20/25 night program and will only get 16 nights this time around. They switched me to the 15/20 night program when I asked.

Which brings up another interesting point. If you are in the 20-24 paid night range, it is actually more beneficial to be in the lower program (40k vs. 35k) but this obviously goes away if you hit 25 for 50k...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Spring Megabonus Winding Down...
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Versel,

Thanks!

I did not know all of this.  I will complete my 25th night this week and qualify for the 50,000 bonus, which will come in handy!  Did not know about the certificates for stays.

Good luck on your upcoming stays!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

I called Customer Service today to try to switch to the "Free Cat1-4 certificate after two stays (max 2)" option, but they told me it was too late, and that i needed to do it by 31 March.  So, it sounds like it's too late to try and switch now...

That's odd since I was able to switch mine about an hour ago.

The rules say that you must be registered by March 31st. Maybe they thought you were trying to register, not switch versions of the promotion?? But they should have seen that you were auto-registered as a platinum.

The rep I spoke to did say that it was a manual process. It could be that switching from the 20/25 to the 15/20 promo is simply a matter of someone going in and manually depositing points into the account and the free night ecert option is something that has to be done by the system.

Sorry to hear they weren't able to accomodate you.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

OK, just for kicks, I called back Customer Service, talked to a different person, and they WERE able to switch me to the "Free Cat 1-4 certificate after two stays (max 2)" Megabonus!  (Maybe the 1st guy misunderstood what I wanted) He informed me that the certificates would appear in my account sometime around the middle of May, as he had to do the request "manually".  

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks for the reminder. When the promo started, I was certain I wouldn't get to the 20/25 levels. I read about the number of stays for free nights alternative. I didn't know you could switch if you wanted.

I had a ton of last minute business pop up starting the first week of March. It looked like I would come close to the 20 so I hung in with the 20/25 promo. I'll end up at 22 nights.

I was unaware of the third tier....15/20. Your posting brought it to my attention. I just called customer support. The young lady said she'll make a note of my preference to change and will check my account on May 3. At that time she'll switch me and I'll get 40,000 vs. 35,000. Is this the "manual" adjustment that is being referred?

Followup -- I got my manual adjustment today.

ukconsultant Platinum

I am miffed with the Cat 1-4 restriction of these "Spring MegaBonus Free Night Certificate" certificates. It offers very few options in countries like UK. Hilton had a similar promo last year and they allowed HHonors members to use the free night certificate at ANY of their properties. Wish Marriott also offers such certificates and not provide ones which cannot be used anywhere nice. (I certainly dont want to use these certificates to stay in a Residence Inn)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...