6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2013 4:22 PM by ks77 RSS

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace

crk530 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Wow, what a terrific experience my family and I had. Originally were going to stay at the Courtyard Downtown/Inner Harbor, but with bad weather forecasted for one of the days of our trip, we decided the Renaissance was worth the extra 10,000 points to save on walking distances, esp with the kids. It was worth well more than 10k extra. With Platinum status, upgrading to a large king room was a snap, despite making the reservation just 5 minutes before arriving at the hotel. The staff there couldnt have been better and the breakfast in the concierge suite was perfect for starting each day. The views from our room were spectacular.

When in Baltimore, this is THE property to choose.

• Re: Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

crk530,

Thanks for sharing this with us!

I have always felt Baltimore is a major "Overlooked" vacation spot for a family!  With the Amtrak, and airport tram service so close to the Harbor, ball parks, and convention center this place is a natural for all!

While the Ren. is always very nice, the RI, and other Marriott Properties are also very appropriate, depending on ones budget.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

We have stayed at both the Renaissance and the Marriott Inner Harbor and each has a special charm to it.  My favorite is the Marriott for its location within walking distance of everything, just like the Renaissance.  We were upgraded to a suite on the concierge level when there last time, making the stay very comfortable.

As Jerry said Baltimore tends to be overlooked but does not deserve to be forgotten!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

crk530 Platinum

Hi Jerry,

The Residence Inn lacked a pool, which was a necessity with the kids, haha. (The Renaissance's indoor pool/hot tub area was fantastic. It was crowded, but sized well to handle a Saturday night crowd).

Stepping,

The Marriott didn't have any suites available for the weekend of our stay, so I didn't bother, as I was hoping to take advantage of Platinum status by getting some sort of upgrade.

Regards,

C

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I really like the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace as well.  You can't be the location since you are in walking distance to everything.  My partner and I stayed there on New Year's Eve this year and the hotel was packed. The staff was very friendly and outgoing.  I was crossing my fingers that we might be able to get a platinum upgrade to a Harbor View room but unfortunately all of those rooms were taken.  On New Years Eve at the Harbor there is live entertainment and fireworks at midnight.  After the fireworks show was over there was an extremely long line for the hotel elevators which the staff was prepared for.  Unfortunately after we got settled in for the night there were lots of partying still going on in a room down the hall from us.  We heard Hotel security come up and try to address the issue twice.   I never filed a complaint about the noise but the next morning I was headed to the front desk to check out and the hotel manager asked me about our stay.  Since he asked I told him about the noise problem and he was very apologetic and offered to give us a free breakfast in the restaurant or pack up some food to take on the road.  I declined his offer and he then offered to give me some additional rewards points.  So I ended up getting 1,000 points in addition to the other points earned from the stay.  I don't think I will ever stay here again on New Year's Eve but would definitely stay there any other time of the year.

erc Platinum

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace - special erc closeout offer!

This lovely hotel (I've stayed here a couple of times) has what I regard to be a pricing anomaly. In my ongoing campaign to help Arne meet his quarterly goals, I'm once again promoting a 'come on over' campaign. Sunday (so you get CL goodies) December 1st, you can book a room here AAA rate or pre-pay for $69 (I've stayed here on points when it's been over $325). Probably won't be many left, but if you're in the neighborhood, check it out (just don't take my waterfront suite ).

I've found a good use for CYs (a nice one in Silver Spring Md. that so far has always treated me great), a Cat. 4 certificate weekend. Catching a play, having some nice meals, and breakfast at the famous Tastee Diner, all within walking distance. Have a good weekend Insiders.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I agree with all the other posters. I recently took my wife to Baltimore for the weekend and stayed there. I was upgraded to a Harbor View Junior Suite and it was phenominal. I absolutely recommend this property if you are going to the inner harbor.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...