15 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2011 4:41 PM by engineergirl RSS

Kindness

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It's Sunday afternoon, and I will be staying at Denver area hotel (Marriott Tech Center) beginning on Tuesday and visiting my 88 year old mother who is on Oxygen 24/7.

I just called the hotel to ask about the availability of tank refills.  They immediately gave me the information on providers and how to reach them.  In addition they are searching for a suite for us, so that my Mom can have more room to sit and talk.

I think this qualifies as the Spirit to Serve on the part of this associate and the hotel itself.  My Mom is not a complainer and this would not be a bother even if we shared a room, but she deserves something better and tis hotel is going out of its way to provide it.

• Re: Kindness
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

We will keep your Mother and you in our prayers.

We hope all goes well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks very much Jerry for the kind words.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

It is indeed the spirit to serve!  Like Jerry, I will keep you and your mother in my thoughts and prayers.

ProfChiara

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews

Thanks for the note.  Mothers every where desire the best and it appears this facility is top notch.  Enjoy your Mother I miss mine and she has been gone quite a while. My prayers are with the two of you....Bill

Professor and Theolejudge, and all others

I see that the Spirit to Serve is here and alive among Insiders.  Thank you all for the kind comments, prayers, and the good wishes.

kahunapremier Platinum

SS,

God Bless Mothers, I lost mine years ago. Miss her deeply. Cherrish the memories!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

SS:

Enjoy the time with your Mom. These shared moments become more precious as their aging process continues. I went up to Boston and spent a week with my mom just before leaving for the west coast. She's 86 and, thankfully, in good health.

All the best to your mom and hope you have a great visit. It's nice to see that Marriott has stepped up for you.

Thanks again to all of you.

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Have a wonderful visit with your mom, Stepping!  I'll be thinking about the two of you.

Thanks all.  The hotel has been super nice and exceptionally gracious since I checked in, offering to do all kinds of things.  They even have reserved Elite parking right next to the front entrance.  An oxygen service has been arranged and will be here shortly.  The suite (see photos) is perfect for us with sit a sitting area, a dining area and of course a sleeping area.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Stepping,

Thanks for keeping us up to date!  That Marriott is doing a great job in a challenging time for your family.

When everyone is better and you can celebrate please enjoy one of the finest and most unique dining experiences in the country, The Buckhorn Exchange, in Denver. No place like it!  ( I hope I am not out of line with this recommendation with all you are going through!)

Again, we all wish you the best!

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

SS - Superb hotel and have the best of times with Mom.

Thanks Pingreeman, yes it is a superb hotel.  The Bellman lugged the 80 lb liquid oxygen tank (see below) to the room, then was surprised and more than a little embarrassed when I gave him a tip!.  Hotel has a wheelchair so that makes life very easy for us. Also, as soon as we left for the concierge lounge the maid cleaned the rooms.  I am blessed to be able to spend time with Mom and blessed with the outstanding and caring service here at Tech Center.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Great suggestion Jerry and thanks--for another time

engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews

SS, I know I speak for a lot of us in the situation that the amount of time we spend with Marriott rivals the amount we spend with our own families. It's nice to hear Marriott is treating you like family and it is making your visit easier and more meaningful.  Enjoy!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...