2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2011 9:51 AM by tef6178 RSS

The Bad

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Arrived by air at about 9:30pm on a Charlotte connection from FL. called the hotel directly to inquire about the shuttle. was told what door to exit and the shuttle pickup was marked one lane over. Was already standing there when I called them. Was told the shuttle would be there in about 10 minutes or so.

Called the hotel back 30 minutes later to inquire how the shuttle bus was identified as I thought I might have missed it. Was told they were running behind and should be there in about 10 mins. Asked if I should go find a cab. They said no, it will be shortly. Of course, Hilton, Doubletree and a host of other shuttles had made multiple pickups while I was waiting.

Called again 30 minutes later to inquire if the shuttle was really running or are they just kidding me. Now, I'm getting angry....have been here an hour. He's on his way now was the response. Of course, Hilton, Doubletree and a host of other shuttle drivers had begun to look at me as though I was a vagrant hanging out....

Fifteen to twenty minutes later, the shuttle arrives......after Hilton, Doubletree and others had come and gone so many times I couldn't keep track any more.

I asked the shuttle driver what the story was with the shuttle. He said it was very busy and he was the only one working on the shuttle.

Get to the hotel, while checking in someone calls and asks for the shuttle. 10 to 15 minutes was the response. I laughed and the clerk stated: "I only tell them what the shuttle driver tells me to tell them". I asked why I waited an hour and twenty minutes. She told me there was a mixup on a shift change and there was no one to drive the shuttle. I asked why I wasn't told to take a cab when I called and asked if I should. Was told she just came on shift and didn't know the answer because the person who told me that had left.

Had a lot of arrivals from the airport?...was my next question. Only a couple....was the response. Gotta love it. Won't have to remind myself not to stay here again.

Oh, yeah...mentioned it on checkout the next day....no one cared to know anything about it....including the manager standing there. He left....as quickly as I mentioned it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
  • Re: The Bad
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

what hotel???

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The Bad
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Fairfield Inn at Phoenix Airport on E. University Dr.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...