4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2011 8:10 PM by NathalieF RSS

Another fee?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

How about this for a new fee added to room charges?  We may look back and realize that once upon a time housekeeping was not an add-on charge!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Denying Housekeeping Services Because You Have a Discount!
    david001 Silver 8 Reviews

Last week I was in Las Vegas.  When I checked it I was told because I was given a discount, I would not receive housekeeeping services.

There is little difference between denying services and adding a fee.  It is the same thing.  I realized that if I had run out of toilet paper, I would have had to go the supermaket to buy some. Replacement of supplies is a housekeeping function.  I bet they will start selling toilet paper in the hotel store.

Marriott a real class act.

I really don't have a problem with it, if they tell you when you make the reservation.  In my case they didn't.  It is the hotel equivalent of "bait and switch".

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Another fee?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

David001

thanks for the post.  which property were you at and what kind of discount did you  receive?  I've never heard of this kind of nonsence!

globaltreker Platinum

If by chance you were staying at the Marriott Grand Chateau, please know that this is NOT a hotel but a timeshare condominium.  If you were on your owner week or an exchange, housekeeping is an optional charge.  If you rented from marriott.com then housekeeping is included in your nightly rate.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

David001,

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected.  As mentioned previously, The Grand Chateau is a timeshare hotel.  Most of the guest are staying in  weeks they own and, as such, do not receive housekeeping service.  The room is thoroughly cleaned before they check in and again after they check out.  When someone stays on a nightly rate, the rate determines if they receive housekeeping service.  Most rates do include housekeeping service, however, a few deeply discounted rates do not.  We train our representatives to advise guests who are booking these rates about the limited housekeeping, however, that does not mean it is not sometimes overlooked.  One other area you can see this is in the rate rules on your emailed reservation. 

Again I apologize for your experience and I hope this helps you better anticipate the service you will receive when staying at a timeshare property.

Regards,

Laura

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...