3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2011 10:36 AM by kahunapremier RSS

Deciding between Park City and Breckenridge

cajane Gold
Currently Being Moderated

My family is trying to decide the best place to spend a few days for some outdoor time (hiking, etc.) at a timeshare this summer.

Has anyone been to Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Summit Watch in Park City, or Streamside in Vail or Mountain Valley Lodge in Breckenridge? Anyone have a suggestion which would be a great choice?

Thanks for any help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Breckenridge, Colorado, USA
Park City, Utah, USA
Vail, Colorado, USA
  • Re: Deciding between Park City and Breckenridge
    daryltraveler Gold

Let me share with you my distinctions for the two destinations.  I have been to both on many occasions, love them both but there is one really big difference.  Altitude!  Breck base is about 9,600 above sea level and if you are not used that that level of oxygen, it will have an impact on you. I usually have a very tough time sleeping for the first couple of nights when in Breck and find I tire more quickly when skiing.  Vail base lodge is about 8,500 ft and takes a slightly smaller toll on me.

So let me be clear, both are beautiful destinations, the Marriott Vacation club resorts are SUPER in both locations.  There is a TON of fun things to do and see in both locations and you can NOT go wrong on either location.  The oxygen issue is the only differentator for me and I live at almost sea level in Baltimore area. I have stayed at Summit Watch on 2 different vacations and been to both Vail and Breckenridge properties on more than one occasion.  The Breck property is a TICK nicer than the Vail but that is really splitting hairs. 

Hope that is helpful and that you have a SUPER FANTASTIC vacation, no matter which you choose.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

goalie Platinum

I really did not enjoy the atmosphere of Park City in the summer. Like it in winter. Summit Watch is in the middle of this kind of created downtown area and not relaxing at all.

I would not go to Vail as it is right off I-70 and nothing to do. Breckenridge is beautiful, less congested and lovely once you adjust. Altitude is a bit of an issue but beats the crowds and dowdy atmosphere of Park City in the summer. Cute little downtown, kind of very mellow and cute.  Not everything is open  in the summer to the extent it is in the winter but relaxing. Rocky Mountain High!

Goalie

kahunapremier Platinum

Park City should be your destination because you can also travel to Heber and Midvale and catch the local summer festivals (Swiss and German heritage).  There is also a lake very close by to do water skiing events. More bang for your buck in Utah!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...