2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2011 4:53 PM by superchief1 RSS

No More Dinner for 2?

superchief1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I recently noticed that the link I had saved to purchase 'Dinner for 2' certificates ($109) is no longer active. I searched the website, but could not find these gift certifcates anywhere on the site. Does anyone know what happened to these certificates?

There are still award certificates available for 20000 MR points, but it appears that certificates can no longer be purchased. This will definitely reduce my dining in Marriott property restaurants during my future vacations.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: No More Dinner for 2?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Like the do-do bird and carrier pigeon, the deals are extinct. Recall the free night after staying two, or the dinner on us (BOGO)?  Gone like all those other neat perks we've come to enjoy.  Sad but true.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No More Dinner for 2?
    superchief1 Platinum

I just received a confirmation email from Marriott that this program has been eliminated. I am very disappointed because this allowed us a reasonable opportunity to enjoy a meal at an overpriced restaurant in a Marriott property during our vacations. I am actually angry that no announcement was made prior to the discinuation. I wouldn't be surprised if the 20000 MR point certificates are also at risk.

With the recent changes to Marriott Rewards, the website, Courtyard Hotels, and Marriott Vacation Club, I am beginning to think that Marriott is using the same consultants that ruined Delta with policy and program changes.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...