2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2011 3:45 PM by mikiegfla RSS

JW Marriott Marquis Miami

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I spent 3 nights at this property last week starting on Sunday.  I had encountered several airline delays getting there and was tired.  My very first impression of the property was outstanding!  3 bell /doormen met my taxi and could not have been nicer.   Checking in at the front desk was so pleasant.  I was upgraded to suite and told dessert was still available in the CL.  Stephen at the Concierge Desk gave me directions to a running trail.  [By the way the running was around a near by island, Brickell Key, where there were many condos and others running which made it very safe.]  The staff provided  several choices for dinner each evening.  I ate at an excellent, yet inexpensive, Peruvian Restaurant ,Cviche, at 105 NE 3rd Avenue 305.577.3454.  Also ate at Mary Brickell Village within walking of the hotel where there are a number of small resturants.  If you are in the downtown Miami area and need a hotel you will not be disappointed in this fine property because of its excellent staff.

• Re: JW Marriott Marquis Miami
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

We stayed at the Health District Springhill Suites a while ago and loved the feel and vibrancy of Miami.

As an old "Cuban hand" from my distant past with the USG, I was impressed with the ambiance there, especially the Cuban cuisine at Versailles (that's the name).  There's a slew of generations of Cuban-Americans there and the culture is alive and well.

Now you've got me hooked on Ceviche and a hankering for Peruvian food for my next visit.  Thanks for that post.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: JW Marriott Marquis Miami
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Let's not forget one of my favorite Marriott's of all time, the South Beach Marriott.

Even though I live in South Florida, my wife and I check in every now and then for a weekend away from it all.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...