3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2011 4:12 AM by seattlite RSS

Edition Waikiki not so tempting

birdergirl Gold
Currently Being Moderated

We're a few weeks away from a big trip to Hawaii for the MIL's 75th birthday. I saw the offer for upgrades in Hawaii, and looked at switching to the new Edition Waikiki. Now I remember why I didn't book there is the first place! I'd like to remind Marriott that the reason people go to Hawaii is the Pacific Island atmosphere. The photos of the new hotel are completely devoid of the character of the Hawaiian islands. You could be in any large city. from the looks of the gray (Really? In Hawaii?) interiors. Ugh! I mean, I'm happy with the standardization of the Courtyard part of the business, but what I saw done to primo real estate at one of the most famous locations on the planet makes me really wonder about how this concept got sold. Good luck, but you aren't talking to me with this one!

Being a loyal Marriott customer, my reservation stands at your other property down the street.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Waikiki, Hawaii, USA
  • Re: Edition Waikiki not so tempting
    douglass Platinum

My wife and I had a different feeling about our trip we booked to Hawaii. As soon as we saw the new Edition Waikiki we booked our trip. I think we will get enough of the feel of the tropics from just being away from our room. I welcome the fact that the Marriott is inviting new friends into it's family. It's a change of pace from all the standard rooms I've seen during my business stays and the hotel was a famous hotel from back in the original Hawaii five-o series. I will let you know how it was after our trip.

One warning....I stayed at the other Marriott down the street you mentioned and my car was broken into and I lost thousands of dollars of equipment and the hotel wouldn't do a thing to help the police with security videos. It's was a 3 hour window between me parking my car from 4 am to 7 am. I don't think it would of been hard to figure out but they did nothing to help. I would never stay there again. I almost left the Marriott family for Hilton because of it, but I came to my senses....LOL.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

goblinbabe Platinum

Hi, Douglas. How was the stay?  We are planning a trip there in a few months and I am hoping for the best.  :)

I love the modern look of the hotel; not a big fan of "theme" resorts myself.

seattlite Platinum

The Waikiki Edition no longer exists as a Marriott property, however, you would have enjoyed the newly refurbished rooms and the excellent bathroom especially.  Poor service though was their achilles heel and I expect it will continue under their new management team.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...