2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2011 12:47 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Lost receipt

biztraveler84 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I made a rookie mistake and left my folio behind at The Renaissance Hotel in Long Beach, CA. For some reason the hotel has not sent a copy of the folio to my email address and the stay has not appeared on my Marriott Rewards account either. I called the hotel and they connected me to the reservation network in error. In fact, they couldn't get me off the phone any faster (on Sunday morning). The reservation person they forwarded my call into could not have been more rude without using profanity. He was irritated that I was not calling to make a reservation and offered to connect me to Marriott Rewards. I explained that I didn't want rewards and he became belligerent. When I asked for his name, he hung up on me. I have spent hundreds and hundreds of nights at Marriott properties over the years and at times have made last minute reservations with wonderful assistance from the reservation personnel. But I have noticed a trend at the properties and now at the reservation centers toward treating me, a Platinum member, almost with distain. It is as if our loyalty to the program has us locked into doing business with them.

I'm certainly not locked into Marriott and their points program. I have spent my last night at one of their properties.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Long Beach, California, USA
  • Re: Lost receipt
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Biztraveler

It's always such a shame to hear of a Platinum member having their expectations not met.  I share in your disappointment.  My own experience on a matter like yours is that the hotel accounting department is the only one that can assist you.  They are often closed over the weekend.  I would call the hotel directly on Monday.

safe travels

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lost receipt
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Having stayed at the Ren. Long Beach many times, I thing they will take care of you!

This is a professional property that is in a special location and one of my favorites.  Give them some time and they will get this resolved.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...