6 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2011 10:12 PM by curiousone RSS

Beachplace Towers Ft. Lauderdale - HELP

lorirobert Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We just secured a week at Beachplace Towers Ft Lauderdale using a lockoff for a one bedroom.  Now im reading tons of terrible reviews on this site and Trip Advisor.  Its scaring me and Im NEVER put off by bad reviews, but Im not sure what to do, there are so many.  We own at Grande Vista in Orlando and have loved all the other MVC we have stayed in........ looking for some good advice!     

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
  • Re: Beachplace Towers Ft. Lauderdale - HELP
    bayonneboy Platinum 1 Reviews

Hello. I think that you will enjoy Beachplace towers. I just stayed there this past week with my family in the 2 BR unit and had a great time and it is in a great location. This is our 4th year there and we have always enjoyed our stay. The one bedroom unit has the full kitchen with laundry, queen pull out couch in the living room and a king bed in the master bedroom. Ask for a beach view for a great view from the balcony overlooking the ocean. The place was fully renovated 2 years ago so it is in great shape and you are right across the street from the beach. The staff have always been friendly and attentive and if there are any minor things in the room that need to be fixed( ie light bulbs, TV remote ), they are usually there right away to resolve the problem. There can be some noise if you are on a lower floor on the beach side from the restaurants and bars that are part of the Beachplace complex but we have never really had a problem. About the only thing that is an issue is that the elevators are slow and you have to go up to parking level 4 to park which if you are going in and out frequently could be a problem. We generally would only go out once at night to dinner or shopping so this really wasn't an issue. I am not sure what was said on tripadvisor that was so negative but I personally have not had any problems and would recommend it highly.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kevbat Platinum 1 Reviews

The only negative I can think of is the parking. You have to go up about 6 levels to get the the entrance of the Towers. But the Suites were awesome. You can walk to the beach or grab the trolley to Las Olas shopping and restaurants. I went with some friends to see the Patriots play the Dolphins and play golf. We enjoyed both the location and the hotel immensely.

curiousone Platinum

I look forward to hearing about your stay. Mt wife and I are staying at Beachplace Towers May 7 - 15. I have found over the years that you can make your vacation as enjoyable as you want. I try to take a positive attitude and find that I have had many enjoyable vacations, even when others in our group are not happy. Be sure to try the MVC Custom House in Boston. The suites are not great and have limited kitchens, but it is a great location. Buy a 7 day T Rail pass and take the T Rail from airport to stop right outside Custom House. Walk everywhere or take the T Rail for the week.

anitas Gold

I'm a big relier on trip advisor and look at the overall comments and take into consideration many people will just never be happy.  I've stayed at BP Towers in FT Lauderdale 3 times in the recent past. Once with my daughter (18 at the time), once with girlfriends and once with my family (husband and two grown children 24 and 21).  The location is great - can't beat it.  The pool is a little small but just fine and beach is right across the street.  All rooms have great views - front or back and their service level is good.  The elevators that everyone writes about are just slow - they work, ppl need to be patient.  The parking is a little odd but I don't let elevators and parking garages ruin my vacation.  The rooms are good plus, depending on where you stay in the hotel you may have received a newer room, but they are are clean and very very spacious.  I would go back again - we thoroughly enjoyed the location, ability to walk around or take the local trolley for 50 cents to various other locations.  Good luck.  Feel free to email me with specific questions.

lorirobert Platinum

Thanks to all of you for the positive feedback.  I agree, some people are just never happy unless they are complaining about something.  Elevators and parking are the least of our worries on vacation.   I'm sure we will be happy with our stay.

curiousone Platinum

My wife and I just completed 8 days at Beach Place Towers on 5/15. This was my first trip to Ft Lauderdale and I was impressed with the location, right in the heart of everything. We took a taxi from the airport and the front desk advised that we tell the taxi to take us to parking level 3. The taxi driver refused to enter the garage and said that BPT would not let taxi's drop off in the garage (A lie on the part of the driver) When we tried to find the main entrance there was not a single sign mentioning BPT. We ended walking in through the garage, which did have a sign that mentioned Marriott BPT. While we were walking up three levels of garage it was obvious why the cabbbie would not enter the garage, it would have taken him a hour to get back out. Regarding the elevators, I am guessing most of the comments are from people that do not have a lot of elevator ecperience. We have lived in a highrise condo for 26 years and the BPT elevators were just fine, sometimes you have to wait. Recommendations: 1) take the water taxi for a day, lots of stops and many things to see. 2) Casablanca Cafe, just north of the BPT where A1A splits. 3) attend the timeshare sales presentation and get $75 of credit you can use at a variety of local places.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...