2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2011 2:39 PM by kahunapremier RSS

Mariiott just lost several customers

tigg01 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have been booking groups with Marriott for several (10+) years now, but will be switching over to Hilton in June.  The ONLY reason I will stay at another Marriott is to use up my points, which is one of the crapiest points systems out there!  I will also be cancelling my Marriott credit card!

I was told today that I cannot get confirmation #'s "for security purposes" from the Downtown Marriott Magnificent Mile for reservations made thru a convention housing bureau.  They said I had to get those from the housing bureau.  Housing bureaus NEVER have the hotel confirmation #'s. NEVER!!!!  I even called the housing bureau and they were surprised by this response from Marriott.  I've been getting these numbers for, like I said, 10+ years, and in fact got them from two other Marriotts w/in the past month: Atlanta Marriott Marquis, and the Anaheim Marriott Convention Center.  And I don't just get mine, I get all of my colleagues numbers because THAT'S MY JOB!!!!!

Further, for these most recent stays, the customer service has been less than acceptable!  And if you complain you know what you get..."oh".  Not "I'm sorry", not "we'll try to fix that", not "let me see what I can do", just "oh".  Have you noticed that every Marriott has a book written by Bill Marriott about the excellence in customer service.  Hey all you Marriott employees, maybe YOU should read it!!!!!  And you know what's even worse?  There's nowhere to go to complain any higher up than the front service person.  I don't even have any faith that this post will go anywhere!

You've lost a loyal, gold card member...and not just me, remember, I said I make group reservations so now all our employees will also no longer be staying at Marriotts.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Huntsville, Alabama, USA
  • Re: Mariiott just lost several customers
    ssnowbirdy Member

I, too, have switched to Hilton after the horrendous stay at the Huntsville, Marriott.  There were sledge hammers banging directly over my head while I was trying to sleep.  The staff first said they couldn't do anything about it and that the manager was in a meeting for the whole afternoon.  After several calls, the manager decided he/she could leave the meeting to provide some customer service by asking the workers to work in a different room...BUT could ask them for that day only...What about the rest of my week's stay??? AND why the heck did they give me a room right under where the renovating was taking place!!!  Exit Marriott enter Hilton.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mariiott just lost several customers
    kahunapremier Platinum

From someone that has status with Hilton and Marriott, shame on Marriott for not addressing those needs. That is very poor customer service and I would hope that those GM's at those Marriott's are called in on this.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...