3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2012 10:44 AM by erc RSS

Courtyard Marriott near Dunn Loring Metro in Virginia

viennaduo Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just stayed in the most awesome Marriott in the DC area. Courtyard Marriott on Gallows Rd. in Virginia is clean, easily metro-accessible, and the employees are the most friendly people of any hotel I've visited. I highly recommend it! Also very family-friendly.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Vienna, Virginia, USA
  • Re: Courtyard Marriott near Dunn Loring Metro in Virginia
    erinsmom1996 Member

We are staying there in a month. I was wondering what there is within walking distance as far as restaurants?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I agree the Courtyard by Dunn Loring Metro is a great choice when you are staying in the Northern VA/DC area.  I just had another excellent stay there this past weekend.  Great Location as it is close to  I-66 and I-495 and directly across from the Metro station (Orange Line).  Also a very short drive to Tyson's Corner where there are tons of stores and restaurants.  Hotel was recently renovated and the rooms are always clean and  the staff is always friendly.  I'm a platinum member and about 70% of the time I stay here (mostly weekends)  I get upgraded to one of their suites.

I was really impressed this past weekend during my stay at how well the staff handled a special event for the Girl Scouts.  The hotel was booked full and I was like one of 5 people who were at the hotel that were not there for the special event.  On Saturday morning I went down for breakfast and saw the staff was all hands on deck.  Even the manager and one of the maintenance staff were busy assisting the Bistro with restocking and assisting customers.  Since the staff was well prepared I had a very short wait for my food.   I highly recommend Courtyard Dunn Loring.

erc Platinum

Actually this is in response Erinsmom and when I learn to read better will be more helpful. No, sadly my recommendations although quite close, are not walking; I'll now pull an old school Emily Litella and say "nevermind".

I agree, this is an excellent Courtyard and would serve as a solid model for the entire concept, which often is hit and miss. This specific area of NoVa is actually  fortunate to have three solid choices (especially on weekends), the Residence Inn and my favorite, the Fairview Park Marriott which has terrific weekend rates and treats Platinums like 2008 (yes, breakfast on weekends and they're still solvent, imagine that).

As far as restaurants, just a bit south down Gallows at Rt. 50 is a cluster of more than adequate restaurants - Uno, Chevy's, Sweetwater Tavern (brewpub with great bread and nice entrees), and some fast food, Wendy's and a Chinese fast food. Special occasion dining just inside beltway off of Rt.50, 2941 (also the address of the restaurant, 2941 Fairview Parkway) in the General Dynamics building.  North on Gallows is Tysons Corner with a boat load of choices, traffic can be tough - no texting!  Enjoy your stay

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...