6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2011 6:35 PM by nycuws10025 RSS

Customer Service Training Needs

mog4211 Gold 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We chose Marriott Southpark in Charlotte to host our out of town guests for our son's wedding this weekend.  The front desk staff and Floyd were wonderful but the Saturday night manager needs to take customer service training along with the event managers.  You are connected with the Ritz, learn from them!  My father inadvertently clicked the select button 3 x on the TV and purchased a movie.  They locked him out of his room.  The manager refused to listen to reason while my father stood outside his door at midnight for an extended time.  He is 84! They demanded payment before they would let him in.  His room was on my credit card!  The hotel would not remove the 17.95 charge, stating they did not have the authority.  I spent in excess of $2000 dollars there this weekend, not counting the other guests!  The other insult to injury was we were in the Presidential suite for 4 days and it was never serviced!  I ran out of toilet paper, soap and only had the trash emptied when my brother paid the maid to come get it!  i used hand towels to dry off with this morning.  Mistakes do not bother me, no customer service does!  Guess what, we will not be back!  I hope they enjoy their profit on this stay.  There are lots of hotels in Charlotte.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
  • Re: Customer Service Training Needs
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

mog4211, you need to make your case to customer.care@marriott.com.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

mog4211

far be it from me to even begin to justify the experience you and your family had in Charlotte this past weekend.  That said, let me tell you a short story of a true event several weeks ago at the St Louis Ritz that may begin to explain the being locked out of the room event.  On a late saturday evening as few weeks ago, a man tried his key in the door of the room he thought he was staying in, when it didn't work, he went to the front desk and requested a new room key.  he was given a new one a proceeded to go to the room only to find the door was also chain locked.  he broke the chain lock and entered the bed where a 10 year old girl was sleeping.  seems he got the room number wrong and the front desk did not do their due diligence.  My guess is that Marriott is on a short leash when it comes to this kind of issue.

mog4211 Gold 2 Reviews

No, they locked his account because he clicked "select" three times trying to get something on the TV so he could take a nap.  The room was under my account.  They said he did not have authorization to watch a movie.  I understand that, but they should have handled the situation better.  It is sad that they do not have authority to comp seventeen dollars off of a $2000 plus bill!  Guess it is their loss, hope they learned from it.

mog4211 Gold 2 Reviews

Thanks for the advise, I took it and wrote to customer cares.  Guess what the hotel manager has written me a letter stating they cannot do anything regarding the movie charge and basically stated that according to their records my room was cleaned each day and hoped I would be back.  Guess what, no way!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Wow.....

Pretty sad.

nycuws10025 Platinum

Mog4211,

First, my congratulations to your son and daughter-in-law on this important milestone in their new life together.  I hope the rest of the events surrounding this happy occasion were more successful than the hotel where their guests were accommodated.

I'm sorry to read of your experience at this hotel and more importantly of the lack of the "Spirit to Serve" by the hotel's manager after the fact when you communicated your dissatisfaction about the events you have related to us here.

It's particularly galling to see that this was the approach with a SE! 

Although my travels don't take me to this location with any frequency, be assured that based on your input, this hotel is now on this LPE's "List of Shame" and I will take your comments as a recommendation of this hotel as a "Do Not Stay" property.   (And will follow that recommendation, for which I thank you)

I wonder if that $18 they wouldn't remove from your bill is worth the guests who will see this thread and select a different property? 

Thanks again for the warning.  Consider it heeded!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...