7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2011 2:23 PM by nhtraveler RSS

Show Me The Shoes!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Since I read Jerry's post I thought I too would take a photo of my slippers as a measure of the cleanliness (or not) of a hotel.

Here are the bottoms of the slippers I've been wearing for four days in my suite at the Paris Rive Gauche.  There isn't even a spot!

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France
  • Re: Show Me The Shoes!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Judy Garland would be very proud of these (and envious too)!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

And happily in this case they are not ruby red!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Professor and Stepping Stones,

The Ruby Red Slippers are in a museum, off of I-70, North of Alma, Kansas, (Where my Aunt is buried).  There is a Wizard of Oz Museum there that is most interesting.

My favorite song is "Somewhere over the rainbow", and I wish the best to all!

Hi Jerry,  the ones I saw were ithe Popular Culture wing of the National Museum of American History at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C.

According to them they are the ones she wore in the flm, though there were at least four made.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Stepping,

Thanks!

I did not know that.  This really makes sense now!

Like any artifact, the originals may be hidden somewhere and these may be copies used in case.  The provenance of the shoes seems genuine according to the Smithsonian, but you can't always tell.

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

I'm impressed - not only by the shoes and cleanliness of the carpets you're on, but that you know how to get photos from your camera to your computer to share with us! I'm still in the "film age" with Leicas and Pentax, and a basic flip-phone with camera!

nhtraveler

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...