19 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2011 12:33 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Photo's of Platinum Gifts/a new low after 25+ years!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Here are the photo's of the Platinum gifts (Bottle of water, and cookies) I had to ask for, but the Townplace Suites, North Louisville left a lot to be desired.

I do not know when the last time they cleaned the carpets in room 115. (and I am not one in 25 plus years to complain) but after buying a new pair of slippers, look at what they looked like after just two nights in the room!

Linda, at the front desk was most professional and helpful, but can you really call this "Marriott Quality"?  This room was $175 plus per night and I am glad I checked out early.  The Fairfield next door is where I will stay in the future, and Mary, could not have been more professional in showing me great rooms at $109 per night!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Louisville, Kentucky, USA
  • Re: Photo's of Platinum Gifts/a new low after 25+ years!
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

You're right, Jerry -- I don't think I have ever heard you complain about a property or benefits.  Looking at those slippers I think I would have asked for my money back.  That's not worthy of a Marriott property.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi Jerry,

Call me suspicious but I just got a Marriott Voice survey focused on the Platinum Arrival gift itself.  Is this a coincidence?

In my old age I might be misrembering but in year's past my gifts have ranged from forgetting to two bottles of expensive champagne, a fruit tray and extensive chocolate selections.  Recently I had to ask for points at check in.

The gift idea is one that might have outlived its usefulness.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

You bring up an interesting points -- the arrival 'gift' or points.  I am always asked and always take the points.  But how do we know they've been applied?  Between currency exchange, credit card surcharges, and so forth, my points rarely seem to match the amount at the bottom of my hotel bill.  I get that (after many years) at hotels like Courtyards where only the room counts, but I am often told taxes and VAT are excluded. That makes sense except that often where I stay there are no taxes or VAT listed.

ProfChiara

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Prof -- Once my stay/points are posted, I am able to see the base points, elite bonus points, and arrival gift points.  Are you saying that you can't see those differences when staying overseas?

Stepping,

Like you, I have had everything from champaign, candy, cake and the works.  Likewise, this has even been lately, but just as often there is not even an acknowledgement of your status (Like most people, I am not expecting anything more than what I am paying for).  Marriott must be aware of this and I appreciate them trying to focus on their loyal customers.

Traveling like I do, I see a "Challenging" world ahead, and I would sure do all I could to keep loyal people "On board"!

Professor and Stepping,

Here is some pictures of how great some of the Platinum benefits can be!

I don't expect them at all, but appreciate them, especially when I have someone special with me.

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

This is an interesting discussion. I, like the good Professor, always take the points, but I, too, sometimes wonder if they have been applied. The only time(s) that I receive a really nice welcoming gift (in addition to the points, by the way) is when I stay at a property I have been to many, many time before. That being said, I have some understanding as to why really nice welcome gifts may be reserved only for very loyal, repeat guests at the same property. I know that as Platinum's we are all "loyal, repeat guests" at Marriotts, but frankly, I tend to think that the really special gifts are appropriately given only to repeat guests at the same property.

This being said, the carpet situation at the Springhill suites referred to above is not of Marriott quality. Perhaps at that property, an appropriate welcome gift would have been a carpet cleaning!

nhtraveler

kahunapremier Platinum

Prof: Go to My Account | Account Activity | Rewards Account Activity is where you see your stays and bonus points per stay OR just all bonus points OR all stay points.

kahunapremier Platinum

Jerry, those are girly looking slippers.  Nonetheless, that is a dirty carpet.

Kahuna,

They are a "Ladies" for sure!

Needless to say, she was not "Impressed" with my Platinum status at this hotel!

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I accept the arrival gift when checking into full service Marriott's. I have been pleasantly surprised in the past with the tray delivered to me at the Seattle Waterfront and Rome Central Park.

I always take points at Courtyard and Fairfield's.

Mike,

I do the same thing as you!

That Seattle Waterfront Marriott, (See Pictures).  They really "Showered" me with a nice gift and a little rain!

Kahuna,

This is worth repeating!

Great information.

kahunapremier Platinum

Jerry: That hotel needs a serious deep cleaning day. Can't believe how dirty that carpet and really NO Platinum should be treated like that.

Poor customer service.

greendalejill Platinum

I believe they are to give you $100. if they forget to mention the gift or point option when checking in.   

Greendale,

One time I did get a $100 bill from the Marriott O'hare in Rosemont, Il!

I thought they stopped doing this.  Thanks for the comment.

It is really a sad shame to have an experience like this, but it's very rare!

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Jerry, something's very strange about your pictures from the Waterfront Marriott. It looks like you and I may have stayed in the same room. The only difference being that it was a beautiful sunny weekend when I was there, heading to Alaska on Holland America.

Mike,

We probably did stay in the same room!

I do not remember the number but it had three balcony's and was very nice.  I too was cruising to Alaska and the whole trip was made better by my staying in this room both going and coming.  The walk to the Pike street market was enjoyable.

Here are some room pictures!

Kahuna,

I have had so many great times, this does not matter!

What does is when I travel with "Others" that do not understand when you are not treated special as a "Good customer"!

The worst Marriott properties are better that most of the other hotels I have experienced.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...