5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2011 9:33 PM by ladoctora RSS

Courtyard Renovations

fanuvmarriott Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Am I the only one that feels this way? Or are there others? This is the first time I'm attempting to contact Marriott and those whom frequent Marriott locations. I would like to express my displeasure with the new look of the Courtyards and the breakfast. I would rather have the buffet breakfast back so that I can select which fruit to put on my plate and I can select what I want to eat; instead of being forced to pay for whatever is pre-packaged or goes with the order. Is there a place on the Marriott website where I can find out which Courtyards still have the buffet so that I can elect to stay in one of them? If I have to stay at Courtyard without the buffet, I will get breakfast somewhere else where they might not have a buffet but have better selections and are willing to make exceptions to the menu. I choose not to eat sugar, pork, or bread products. The Courtyard menu offers very little for me to eat. And the pre-packaged fruit is old and has a lot of tasteless honeydew melon. I don't care for honeydew melon anyway. Also, the open front desk format does not give a sense of security. The people at the desk have to leave the desk too frequently to get packages or for other reasons. If it was a fully enclosed desk again, they could have everything they needed at their fingertips.

• Re: Courtyard Renovations
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I think you have to call the Courtyards individually to find out which are being renovated and when.  There is no location on the web site that has this information.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

biztraveler84 Gold 8 Reviews

I have been disapointed with the new setup at Courtyards also. The limited time I have in the morning is spent standing in line waiting to order rather than sitting and reading the paper. I don't want to stand in line! I also miss being able to select what  want from the buffet.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

wow.  we keep hearing disappointment from Courtyard affeciendos regarding the new lobby design and eating area..  Is this a "new coke" moment for Marriott?  what do you think????

birdergirl Gold 4 Reviews

We have an annual long-term stay at a Courtyard and the pros of the renovations outweigh the cons, as far as I'm concerned. I can tell Marriott was looking for feedback when I answered the survey after my stay- They specifically asked about the food.

Yes, I miss the old buffet. But you have to consider the typical Courtyard customer. One or two nights, usually on business, and they need to get in and out quickly. The almost-ready-to-eat choices are geared in that direction, as opposed to having to wait for a server.

TV at my table? And I get the remote? And it's there all day? YES! The touch-screen with local info and directions? YES! The "meeting table" with outlets so you're not limited by a laptop battery? Yes! The Media Area, also with outlets for electronics? YES!

And the upgrades to the rooms (suites available!) are a huge help.

I do feel sorry for the staff that has to stand all day. I think they'll have to do something about the ergonomics of the front desk.

ladoctora Platinum 4 Reviews

I agree with you regarding the changes at Courtyard and their breakfast offerings. I think it is very cumbersome to have to ask the bistro to apply the "$10 credit" for the breakfast. The Bistro attendant was really rude to a guest, refusing to apply the credit for a guest because their name was not on the list and told the guest to call the hotel reception to get their name added. Furthermore, I was not even told about the credit for two days. You're absolutely right about the menu too - I really hate microwave eggs. I asked for soup one night and the lady didn't even heat it up - she was angry and stressed because the "cook" didn't show up for work that night. She was refusing to let me order most of the things on the menu and then served me cold three cheese brocoli soup. NOT COOL MARRIOTT - I vote that you cancel the Bistro at Courtyard and start serving the guests like you have in the past!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...