1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 29, 2011 12:34 PM by zukracer RSS

Costa Mesa Marriott - Great CS but some poor designed rooms

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

so I get checked into the Costa Mesa Marriott and find that its absolutely the smallest "suite" I've ever been into and the design of the room is completely stupid.  They say all the rooms are this way so I'm checking out in the morning and moving along to another property.  The main room is maybe 8.5' wide, so small in fact the only place they could find to place the TV is on the wall above the "bar" area.   This leaves exactly nothing to sit on that naturally faces the TV....So either I got the smallest "suite" in the chain or the designers here have lowered the bar a tad too much.

Anyone else been a guest here?  The staff seems nice enough but for the rates they charge, not to mention the $18/night to park... just seems a bit much for a lot too little.

See follow up post below....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Costa Mesa, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Costa Mesa Marriott
  • Re: Costa Mesa Marriott - good CS poor designed rooms
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

ok, so this one definitely is worthy of an update

I was dead set to check out this morning and go find another property.  Luggage in tow, I was greeted at the front desk by the hotel's geenral manager and two other staff members.  The night manager apparently refered my comments to them and they have offered to upgrade me to a larger room with a better configuration.

The service and handling of the situation was above and beyond my expectations so I'm going to be staying the rest of the week.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...