2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2011 11:15 AM by anadyr RSS

Boston Marriott-Quincy

ericinva Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just returned from another stay at the Boston Marriott-Quincy in Massachussetts. The property is sort of remote for being in such a populated area...you are NOT going to walk anywhere from this hotel. The good news is that you don't really need to.

The restaurant at this hotel is absolutely first rate. The other night, I opted for one of their weekly specials, pan seared halibut on a bed of pink lentils with a watermelon vinaigrette. I thought I wasn't much of a lentil fan and I'd sort of pick over them and focus on the fish, but one taste was all it took for me to clean the plate.

Great hotel with great staff, and definitely one of the best chefs in the Marriott system.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Quincy, Massachusetts, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Boston Marriott Quincy
  • Re: Boston Marriott-Quincy
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

ericinva:

Glad you enjoyed the stay. This place holds many memories for me for what it was before it was a Marriott. It used to be (going back 40 years now) just a residential area. I grew up very near there. The was a quarry very close by and the site might actually be on (or very near) where the quarry was. Kids used to congregate there and some liked to try the daring (and foolish) jump off the quarry walls into the lake pond below in the summer. They finally filled in the quarry when too many got hurt on that jump.

When they built all the big highways, they leveled a lot of the homes for the access needed. Marriott grabbed a great spot. Many people use this hotel as a good stay point because the highway is just outside the property and easy access north takes one to Boston and easy access south on Rte. 3 (I think it's still rte 3) takes you to Plymouth and Cape Cod. Taking Rte 93 north to Rte 24 south brings easy access to Fall River and Rte 95 easily takes you to Providence. A really great location for visiting travelers. 

Thanks for the post and igniting the memories!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Boston Marriott-Quincy
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Great hotel as TEF just mentioned and a place that merits a longer stay, being the original home of the real Adams family, as in John and John Quincy Adams.  Downtown is on the T to Logan airport as well.

Thanks for that post and the good news about the hotel.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...