9 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2012 1:25 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Loved Savannah Riverfront Hotel

j22frosty Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My husband and I recently stayed at the Marriott Savannah Riverfront Hotel and we loved it!

From the moment we walked into the hotel, we were welcomed and served well by the staff.

Ava, a new front desk staff member, was especially nice and worked very hard to provide us with a room that met our requirements.  The weather was beautiful and unusually warm so we wanted a room with a balcony so we could sit outside.  Without any hesitation, Ava got us the room we requested.

While waiting in line, the Concierge actually got up from her desk and came over to us to introduce herself and tell us she was there to help in any way.  We were so impressed with her attitude!

The staff in the Concierge Lounge could not have been nicer and the food provided in the evening and morning was excellent.

We thought the location was great.  It was easy to walk from the hotel down the River Walk. 

We highly recommend the Savannah Marriott Riverfront Hotel.    

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Savannah, Georgia, USA
  • Re: Loved Savannah Riverfront Hotel
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

J22Frosty,

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Am headed that way and now I know I am in for a special experience.  Will share your suggestion with Ava.

Keep the comments of your travels coming.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

We stopped in Savannah on Mar. 16 when there were hardly any rooms available except at the Airport CY, so we booked at a Marriott on Hilton Head.  The British mgr. was really hospitable and gave us points and a gift as PP, and wouldn't charge for parking.  We had a really nice and spacious ocean front room with a small balcony that was still large enough for 2 chairs and a table.  I think the room was probably an upgrade and he made sure that it was on a higher floor.  The balcony overlooked a large outdoor pool and a small kiddy pool, as well as an indoor pool in an atrium. The closets were really hard to open, having several magnets on each of the 2 louvered, door closets and we had to get help to find out how to open them since the handle knobs looked too fragile to pull very hard. I would love to vacation here sometime. 

It's not far from Coligny Beach and there is a great restaurant across from Coligny Plaza called "It's Greek to Me".  They have the best calamari I've eaten and a really good appetizer platter.  I see it got some poor reviews in the TravelAdvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54273-d1171846-Reviews-It_s_Greek_to_Me-Hilton_Head_South_Carolina.html

http://www.hiltonheadmarriott.com/     

Some nice pictures of the hotel here.

The room was $179 with senior rate, and they did take the certificates.  I haven't had any trouble in using them, but prepared to pay for the room without them.

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews

You just happened to be in the deep South where we treat all that way. It is a lovely property and watch for it to come up on weekend specials and come on up to Atlanta where it is just as great....Bill

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

After staying a week in Charleston, SC on Mar 17, we stopped at a peach cider store near the GA / SC state line just off I-95.  I think the name of the town is Yemassee.  They have several kinds of cider that are $10 for 1/2 gal. including peach, muscadine, and bing cherry.

http://www.carolinaciderco.com/

They sell a Southern Living book that is about out of the way places that I'd never seen before, but which has them listed. All kinds of jarred relishes, jams, and butters.  I'd never heard of sweet potato pecan butter, so I had to get one of those to try.  We haven't opened it yet, though.

Savannah and Charleston both have a big Irish heritage, so St. Patrick's Day is a big celebration in both places.  Both must have big influences from Scotland and France as well, since both have French Quarters.

The Pirate's House is a great restaurant and tourist attraction in Savannah, also.  The Sunday brunch is really good.

The Pirates House Savannah, Georgia

bikesdestroy Platinum 1 Reviews

Don't overlook the two Autograph selections in Savannah.  The Bohemian and the Mansion at Forsyth Park.  I have stayed at both and have only had great experiences.  I will add that the food and service at the restaurant in the Mansion at Forsyth Park (named 700 Drayton) was the best food in town hands down!

TL

gsueagle68 Platinum 7 Reviews

Just stayed at this property this past weekend.  The location of the property is very nice.  You can walk to all the action on River Street without having all the crowds and noise.  I found all the staff to be very pleasant.  We ordered room service our last night and the person who took our order couldn't have been nicer.  The furniture in the rooms or at least the one we were in are starting to show wear and are need of replacement soon.  The desk drawer would not close completely and the dresser was pretty scratched up.  If you are staying for a while you may find that the dresser space is a bit limited with only 3 drawers.  The bathroom was clean and spacious though not anything special.  The beds were very comfortable and the HD television was nice and there was a nice compliment of channels to choose from.  This is a good choice when visiting Savannah.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

We just returned from the Riverfront Hotel.  I will agree that the entire staff was extremely friendly and wants to be helpful, hotel has a great location on the river, yet there were a few issues.

When we checked in we were told we "they were able to upgrade our room to a water view", well that is the exact room I had booked.  That seemed to somewhat confuse the nice young lady checking us in, so we had a nice laugh about it.  The upgrade I would have thought would put us on the concierge level which we had access to anyway.  She also told us they were sending foam pillows (which we both prefer) to the room.  Well, the pillows never showed up so we called and asked for them and promptly they did arrive.  We actually ended up with four foam pillows, not one of which was thicker than about an inch....certainly not foam.  We didn't want to be pests so made it work.

As jsuealge68 mentioned the rooms were somewhat worn yet fairly good sized, but lack drawer space.  The hotel has the Embassy Suite look in the lobby and indoor pool area, not the look for a full service Marriott Hotel we expected.

On day two our room we had been gone all day long, yet the room didn't get cleaned.  We found a maid in the hallway around 6:30 PM and asked for clean towels and to empty the trash cans which she did smiling and apologizing the entire time.  Again, not a big issue just little things that started to get annoying.

The only morning the CL was open for breakfast during our stay offered the usual breads and fruit selections, eggs and oatmeal.  Found it odd however, there as no sausage, bacon, or other type of meat which normally accompanies the eggs.  Would have thought also in the south they might have had some grits!

Savannah is a great city with fabulous dining options off the river, but not sure I'd stay at this hotel again.  The Bohemian I'll look at next time.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I stayed there a while back and really liked it.  I was upgraded to a river front room with balcony.  The CL breakfast and evening food was above average.  One evening they had coconut shrimp among other things and they were very good and plentyful.  Another night the chief set up a pasta station and cook for us to order.

The location was great.  So I had the same good experience.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

We always enjoy the Savannah area. Have never stayed at the Riverfront, but will give it a try next time.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...