6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2011 8:59 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Poor Customer Service

br851nc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Last week my wife and I stayed at the Marriott Grand Chateau in Las Vegas.  We were only there for 2 nights and I must say that it would be doubtful if I stayed there again.  They had the worst front desk service of any hotel I have ever stayed within the Marriott chain.  Checked in around 9pm on Thursday night.  Clerk said my room was on the 9th floor.  I asked for higher floor and he went on to state that all the other floors were rented.  The place could not have been 50% occupied.  I said that obviously no one read my profile for my preferences.  He said that he didn't.  He never recognized me as a Platinum Premeir member.  All other personnel were very nice.  The valet guys especially and the lady working the marketplace.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
  • Re: Poor Customer Service
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

This needs to go to customer service for a resolution of the issue

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

What's the issue?  Room on the 9th floor?  My understanding is that high floor is a preference, not a guarantee.

superchief1 Platinum

This is a timeshare property, therefore timeshare owners receive priority for room locations. Since most owners stay for one week, the preferred locations may be held for the longer stays. The front desk staff should have explained this situation more clearly.

There are no platinum benefits provided for a timeshare stay, except 500 bonus points.

sdlazz Platinum

Try the Las Vegas Renaissance -- great customer service and very helpful desk personnel -- even on crowded weekends.  Marriott timeshare properties not Platinum friendly.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Renaissance is my favorite!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

me too!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...