13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2011 2:58 PM by navy82 RSS

Quiz 2

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

What item was featured in every Marriott hotel room when they first opened, but is no longer there?  Hint: more than one item is on the list.  Bonus for getting two or  more correct!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Quiz 2
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

Ashtray?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lasttoknow Platinum

Bottle opener

I've been in a couple recently that still had a bottle opener. Can't remember which ones, but it surprised me since I hadn't seen them in a while. I think the Los Angeles Downtown Marriott might have them.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Shoe shine machine

traveler2 Platinum

A vibrating (massage) bed. I remember those in hotels as a kid. Think it was 25 cents!!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I forgot about the bottle opener.  wasn't it on the bathroom wall?

Yeah, usually on the wall or else on the flat front part of the counter where the sink is. Speaking of bathroom accessories, I always found it weird whenever I checked in somewhere and there was a phone on the bathroom wall.

I thought of a few more....

sanitizer bands on the toilet

post cards and/or envelopes in the bedside drawer or desk drawer

and, Logo towels

Didn't most hotels have slots in the wall where you would deposit used razor blades? Or is that not as common as I remember it being?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

all winners! Sewing kits and hair nets were some others found in rooms in the old days.  In a few talcum powder was a Concierge level extra.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Although not in every room anymore, I still see sewing kits and hair nets occasionally.

and the shoe shine sponge has seemed to get lost in the cost-saving shuffle.  now you just get the shoe mitt! sometimes.

navy82 Platinum

A Book of Morman in every nightstand.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...