0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2011 9:10 AM by dan__k RSS

Fairfield Inn

dan__k Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Since September 2010 I've been staying at the Fairfield Inn in Toronto/Oakville every month a week at a time.  While I much prefer the Marriott brand, this Fairfield is the only hotel in the Marriott chain within the vicinity of the two offices I have to visit during my trips.  That said, there are 7 Hilton and related hotels nearby.  What does Hilton know that Marriott doesn't?  The next closest Marriott is 45 minutes away, at least according to Google Maps.

The Fairfield Inn has a courteous, helpful & friendly staff. The building public areas are clean and fairly well-maintained. The rooms are clean but some rooms are missing closet doors and the toilet tanks leak, which I find ironic since they charge a $2/day eco fee (which the staff will waive if you ask at check-out).  The bed/bath linens are clean and fresh, the beds and pillows are uncomfortable and the "high-speed" internet (wifi and wired) range from low-speed to no-speed.

The smart thing would have been to stay at one of the Hilton locations, but instead I opted to stay here to maintain my Marriott Rewards status.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Toronto, Canada

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...