0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2011 8:06 PM by bethham RSS

Newport Coast Villas, Newport, CA

bethham Platinum 14 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My husband and I recently spent several days at the Newport Coast Villas.  I had heard great things about the resort, so jumped at the chance for the winter special of $299/night.  During the high season these Villas rent for $600/night.  Our Villa was located behind a large stand of trees directly adjacent to a golf course with no view whatsoever.  At 6:45 a.m. on both mornings of our stay the trucks, chain saws and wood chippers arrived and started to work.  When I called to complain I was told that the golf course didn't care about complaints from the resorts guests.  The Assistant front office manager said he had worked at the resort for 4 months and was not aware of any noise problems from the golf course.  Although the Villas were very nice, this early morning disruption put quite a damper on my husband's birthday weekend, especially since he works nights and likes to sleep in on his days off.

I would never have made this reservation had I known about the location of our unit and the noise.  Owners at the resort get the best Villa locations, so be aware when booking at this resort when they offer you a deal.  I was offered 10,000 points for my trouble, but hope to have at least one night's cost refunded.

Just received a call from the Assistant Front Office Manager.  His supervisor's position is that the resort did "absolutely nothing wrong" and thus they did not intend to compensate me in any way.  So much for good public relations and good treatment of a loyal gold status Marriott member!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...