3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2013 9:50 AM by trippin' RSS

Utica, Michigan Courtyard

bml4593 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

This Courtyard is an older facility and in need of a facelift with the most uncomfortable pillows ever encountered, but I can deal with that. 

I could not excuse the poor service.  

I always use the wake up call service as a backup to the in room alarms (sometimes I am not sure I have them set correctly) and neither of my room phones worked.  I told the desk the morning after I discovered this and when I returned in the evening, I was assured maintenance had visited my room and "it must be fixed beecause there's no note".  Neither phone had a dial tone when I checked again so obviously maintenance hadn't fixed the problem.  In my frustration, I picked up one of the phones to move it out of the way and found it was unplugged.  I was there 4 nights; the phones were not 'repaired' during my stay. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Utica, Michigan, USA
  • Re: Utica, Michigan Courtyard
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

This is a pet peeve of mine. I recently stayed at the Residence Inn Silicon Valley I and my phone didn't work there either (it was plugged in). I guess I can't really complain because I didn't actually tell anyone about it. I may have if the phone worked for me to call in the problem...

In my opinion, it should be on a room readiness checklist the same as making sure the bathroom has towels/soap, etc.

On a positive note, some maintenance departments are very helpful. We stayed at the Courtyard Akron Stow one time and my wife dropped her diamond earring in the sink and down the drain. The maintenance department was nice enough to come and remove the trap underneath to retrieve it for her. She likes to tell me it wouldn't have been a problem if I would have bought her bigger rocks :)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nwalker6554 Gold 1 Reviews

It has had a face lift and a nice one...Love the colors.

trippin' Alumni Steward Member 3 Reviews

Nice to here.  I've driven past Utica but never stopped there.  I just strongly dislike old, musty hotels with poor customer service.  Glad they upgraded!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...