2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2011 8:03 PM by anadyr RSS

Another Top Ten

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This article shows the top ten things hotels will not tell you--some old and some new to me, but fodder for discussion on Insiders.

• Re: Another Top Ten
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Since I'm very careful about my personal information, the one problem most mentioned was about stolen credit card information.  Has anyone had such a problem with Marriott?  Since I travel abroad so much, I have never had a problem with a Marriott (except getting points credited without a hassle), but I always worry when I stay at nice but non-franchise or major hotels because there is no other choice.

Of course the good thing is that I monitor my account constantly and paying with a credit card is by far the safest way to travel, but still -- have any of you had problems?

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Another Top Ten
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

No issues for me at Marriotts but twice my Amex has been compromised, once at a restaurant and once at a gas station.  American Express called immediately to verify the suspicious charges and a new card arrived in two days via FedEx.

I also subscribe to a credit monitoring service that checks the three major vendors on a daily basis and calls or emails me with issues that arrive.

You need to be vigilant and as you do, check that information either in the mail or online.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...