7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2011 12:23 PM by samanaren RSS

New MVC Owners

samanaren Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, My common law husband and I are new owners with the new destination points system since last week.  We visited MGV in Orlando, enjoyed the presentation they offered and purchased 2000 destination points per year.  We should receive all of our info within a month or so.  However, in the meantime, I rec'd a CD with some manuals (Interval International Disclosure Buyers Guide, MVC - Destinations Multisite POS and the Points Charts pdf.).  I understand the Points Charts but the other two manuals are to me in another language...lol  Wow it's complicated.

Are there any new owners out there with the new program?  Can someone help me? Can we transfer our destination points to Marriott Rewards points?  And if so, can we do that anytime and how much, if not all of them?  I thought everything would be in those manuals, and if so, it's hard find.

Thanks,

Not so sure, new MVC owners

Renelle & Sam

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New MVC Owners
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

The person who did the presentation should have given you a business card with his/her toll free number on it. In addition, the supervisor should have given you his/her business card with the same info. I would suggest to give them a call with the specifics of any and all questions that you have. I believe that would be the best way to have your questions answered with clarity.

I have owned my MVC weeks since the 80's and 90's. I did not transfer my ownership to the new POINTS program. There are a lot of posts on this site re the pros and cons of the new points program. If you do a search, the posts should be there for your reading enjoyment. I did attend a presentation for the new program and agree it can be seen as very complicated and confusing.

However, I do think the Marriott employees can answer your questions best.

Hope this helps and congrats on your new purchase.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lesliepamel Platinum

Sorry Renel, you have been conned by a slick commission hungry salesperson. If you can GET OUT NOW>

globaltreker Platinum

If you want to get familiar with the new DC program, I would highly recommend the following website:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29

This is the Timeshere Users Group for Marriott legacy and Destinations Club Program.  I have found it to be very informative.

samanaren Silver

Actually we are very satisfied!  I've learned alot about the new program the last month and feel very confident in our decision. 

samanaren Silver

Thanks.  I've been reading the Tugg for the last month and I also find it very informative.  Did not join yet, but plan to!

lesliepamel Platinum

I'M NOT SURE IF THE DESTINATIONS HAS DEEDED PROPERTY LIKE THE LEGACY. ON MY DEEDED PROPERTY THERE IS NAMED 4 FAMILY MEMBERS AS OWNERS. THE RECENT DEATH OF ONE OF THEM INCURRED A $250 CHARGE TO REMOVE A NAME FROM THE DEEDS. SO AS TIME GOES BY AND WE ALL GO TO THAT VACATION CLUB IN THE SKY, MARRIOTT IS SET TO TAKE $1000 OF MY MONEY.

WHO PROFITS FROM MVCI? MARRIOTT, OR MR OWNER?? 

samanaren Silver

I'm sorry to hear that Leslie. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...