5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2011 1:33 PM by newhiltonmembr RSS

Where In the World?

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

If you could anywhere in the world you wanted in the next 2 months, where would it be and why? You can't have gone there before.

My answer: I'm getting around the second part of my question by saying Aswan, Abu Simbel and Alexandria.  I really, really am going to go to Egypt again soon, but those are the places I didn't see.  Actually I didn't see a whole lot of Cairo, since I spent the first days at Memphis, Giza and Saqqara and more than a day in Luxor (ancient Thebes).  So I want to go back to Cairo but do a trip along the Nile that spends much more time in Luxor and serious time in Aswan.

After that, my top spots (not yet scheduled) are Crete (Heraklion, the Palace of Knossos -- if anyone's been let me know!), Santorini and Mykonos.

And then Capri and Sicily (again, any suggestions)?

Prof Chiara

• Re: Where In the World?
    kahunapremier Platinum

For me it would have to be in the southern hemisphere and Austraila. Lived in NZ, Hawaii, Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, Tahti, but NEVER been to Aussieland.

Swim, surf, travel and soak it all up, would go from their summer to fall or their spring.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

That sounds great, especially since it was snowing in Maine yesterday!
    ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I've been to Australia (I know, you said never been before) and would recommend it as the #1 destination when asked Where in the World. It's so unique and remote that it beckons the call. While a lot of the cities there are similar to American cities, the countryside, fauna and native animals are truly different.

There are plenty of Marriott's in the country so if using points that should not be of a concern.

BTW, up until two weeks ago I would have placed Japan up there on my list.

I agree -- I would have especially liked to see Osaka and Kyoto -- but that will have to wait quite a while now!

ProfChiara

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I spent 9 weeks in Japan.  Loved it!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...