4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2011 10:57 PM by blava007 RSS

Has the price of Fairfield Inns gone crazy??

peanut Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Last week when out on the road I found that the Fairfield Inn was only $5.00 less than the Courtyard.   A brand new Comfort Inn & Suites was 30% less the either one them.  With my company looking at expenses it is hard just justify paying $130.00 for a Fairfield Inn.   I guess that Marriott has made the decision not to be competitive in market that the Fairfield was originally in.

• Re: Has the price of Fairfield Inns gone crazy??
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum

I have had really good success talking to the sales manager in these types of situations.

I usually say something like "I want to stay at your property, but my boss wants me to stay at HotelX because their rate is only Y dollars a night. Can you match that rate?"

It usually works upwards of 80% of the time as long as HotelX is of comparable quality and the rates aren't crazy low. The only times I haven't had it work is when they're already close to capacity.

But yes, it is annoying to see the prices gradually creeping up (and sometimes not so gradually) for these "bargain" hotels.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

peanut Platinum

I have done that and been more successful in the past then lately.  I tell that I am a loyal Platinum Member they didn’t really seem to care the price is was it is attitude

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I agree with Versel.  Speaking with the person in charge and telling them of your projected frequency of stays and the amount of business that you can throw their way might help.  I did this at a full service, guaranteeing them 90 nights per calendar year.

Give it a try and let us know what happens if you can.

blava007 Platinum

Peanut,

You are asking the correct question; unfortunately none of the replies, comments are addressing directly your question and business concern.  

Stepping, please step back and review your suggestions and reply.  Calling the Central and general hotel reservations that 90%+ of the time have zero authority to do anything just read  back to you the posted hotel price is not the answer, or is it?    

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...