4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2011 8:02 PM by NathalieF RSS

Painfully slow website

tobusytowait Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I find the Marriott web site to be painfully slow and this is driving me away from Marriott.  It takes too long to pull up all the photos and adds and maps, when all I want is to get in, make my reservations and get out.  Since I don't have this problem with other hotel chain websites and I do have this problem with the Marriott site regardless of what ISP I'm using I know it's not my browser or ISP.

When you have to book multiple hotel reservations every week, waiting 30 - 90 seconds for a page to refresh is just not acceptable.  And besides, I don't want or need all the glitz, I know where I want to stay and just want to book it.

If you also find this to be an issue, please join me in encouraging Marriott's web support to build a quick reservations link or some way to by-pass all the garbage. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Painfully slow website
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Have you contacted them (Marriott webmasters) directly?  I have issues at times being connected using Firefox and when I am it hangs up as I try to complete a reservation.  In desperation I've used IE8 and though glacially slow, it seems to work better.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tobusytowait Platinum 8 Reviews

I have posted Feedback on this subject multiple times.  Seems the problem started after they redesigned the site (maybe 18 months ago?)  I have not been able to find a way to directly contact the web masters, so if you have that info I would really appreciate it.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Go to the contact us by email link and choose from the drop down menu--it has one choice for Marriott.com. Send them an email and let us know what they say.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

ToBusyToWait,

Thank you for your feedback on the slow loadtimes for pages on Marriott.com.  Please be assured that we are aware of this issue, and it is being addressed as a top priority.  Until we have a better solution, here are a couple of suggestions:

1) rather than going through the Marriott.com home page, bookmark an alternate page (such as the Find & Reserve landing page or Marriott Rewards landing page) to help you get into the site more quickly

2) if possible, select a different brower: Firefox or Safari seem to be more effective than Explorer

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and hope these suggestions will help.

Regards,

Laura

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...