2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2011 6:45 PM by anadyr RSS

Residence Inn - Nashville Airport

tdb0313 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I checked into this non-smoking hotel tonight and the room had a heavy odor from the previous resident smoking. When I complained to the desk clerk, he indicated that the hotel was full and that he could not get me into another room that might not smell like smoke. I came back to the room and loged onto the Marriott rewards website and there were rooms available   -   strange. If I had checked in earlier, I would have cancelled the reservationa nd moved to another hotel. What should I do. Iwant to complain to Mariot customer service and have this rewards room charge revoked..

Thanks

• Re: Residence Inn - Nashville Airport
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

This is sad news!

This happened to me at another RI recently, and was told the same thing.

Having stayed at this hotel before, I really enjoyed the property and staff.  The location was great to Opryland as well as the airport.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Residence Inn - Nashville Airport
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Seems to me that you should not have to pay for that room since it was a smoker's room (in violation of stated policy at checkin) and the theory that they were full was indeed just that--a theory.  I wonder if the hotel would be able to fine that previous guest for breaking the no smoking contract?

Let us know what you can find out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...