1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 3, 2011 3:02 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Honeymoon in Hawaii with Marriott Points

allijeee Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Marriott Friends!

I am in the middle of planning a honeymoon in Hawaii and would LOVE some helpful hints! I have never been to Hawaii and know very little of the typical weather, things to do and places to stay. Any and all information is GREATLY appreciated!

To save on costs, I would like to use some of my Marriott points for this stay, so I am only looking at Marriott properties. I am very confused as to which Marriott might be best though! We obviously want to have a romantic vacation, but we will also need a lot of activities, as neither of us can lay by the pool for days on end.

Has anyone stayed at the Ritz Carlton in HI?  I've read it's beautiful, but would love to know more!  I hear the JW, is the best Marriott property in Hawaii, but that Oahu is one of the quieter islands (is this true? Are there places to go at night and organized tours during the day?). I have read Maui is a great island for "things to do" but that the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort, is not right on the beach(is that true? Has anyone stayed there? I read the reviews on trip advisor but they seem to be all over the board). The Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort seems to get great reviews too, but I know very little about the big island. They all look so beautiful, I want to make sure I choose the island with the most to do, great nightlife and beautiful beaches. Help!

In addition to where to stay...if any of you have helpful hints for using Marriott points in Hawaii - I'd love to know that too! We are Platinum members (ok, not right now, but by the end of this month) and were wondering if there were special perks at any of these properties!

Thanks in advance Marriott Rewarders!!!

PS - Yes, I will be purchasing travelers books ASAP to aid in this booking.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Wailea - Maui, Hawaii, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
HI, USA
  • Re: Honeymoon in Hawaii with Marriott Points
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi alliejee

you must be really excited about planning your Hawiian vacation!  I'm sure you will get a ton of responses, all very useful.  They will also serve to confuse oyu as there are several islands to choose from and many properties to consider.  My contribution will be short and sweet.  My wife and I made our first visit to Hawaii almost 2 years ago.  we stayed at the Ritz on Maui.  We found the property to be ALL we could have hoped for.  On the plus side, the property had a recent renovation and the rooms are modern and very beautiful.  The public portions of the hotel are terrific, and the special attention you get at a Ritz cannot be beat.  It is a small hike to the beach, and you are somewhat isolated from the busier beaches, so you would want to consider that in your decision.  also, you mentioned night life i believe.  while there is some, most of the nightlife is closer to the hotel chains about 20 minutes down the road in Kaanapoli.  there are 2 golf courses attached to this property which are beautiful and if that is a consideration, it would be another big plus.  there is also a huge zip-line attraction nearby which is a blast.  We drove a lot, but i think you would do so no matter where you stayed on the island. Using points at the Ritz will take a huge bite out of your stash, but it is well worth it in my humble opinion.  Enjoy.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...