8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2011 11:58 PM by jerrycoin RSS

2012 London Olympics

barbishome Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know if any Marriotts in London will allow stays on points during the summer Olympics? Every time I contact someone, they cannot say until 50 weeks before the proposed check-in date. That's not enough time to plan for an event that big. Any ideas?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England, United Kingdom
  • Re: 2012 London Olympics
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Have you called the Platinum "Hot line".  They may be able to help you.

Good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

barbishome Platinum 60 Reviews

Thanks, Jerry. They give the same answer as everyone else - we can't do anything until 50 weeks before the date you want to book.

Barbishome,

I know you have a lot of time before you can do anything.  However, having been in that situation can I share with you what has worked for me?

Find the two best Marriott locations for your trip.  If you cannot book a reward stay at first, book a paid stay, (and be totally prepared to pay). Then begin your attempt to convert the paid trip into a reward trip!  Things change all the time and I once had to check everyday for a month, it worked, and I got my stay on points.

If your go it will be fun, and rooms will be tough to get, so good luck!

barbishome Platinum 60 Reviews

Many thanks for the tip! I will do that as soon as the time slot opens up. Really appreciate your help.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Any luck in booking a Marriott for the 2012 Olympics?

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Jasper,

There is no gainsaying the fact that, even now, hotel rooms in the centre of London are at a premium. You might be lucky, but don't bet on it! One option I floated in a post I submitted at the start of 2011 (I think) was to consider Marriotts within a 40 mile radius of London. The logic to this was/is:

1.     Several events are sited outside of central London; e.g. rowing, tennis, equestrian. There are Marriotts nearer to these sites; e.g. Hanbury Manor, Twickenham, Maidstone Tudor.

2.     The "outer ring" is  more likely to still have some availability at this stage.

Good luck

Barbi,

Have you had any recent luck booking a room?

You may want to contact the hot line and book a room and explain that you will be converting to points if/when available.

Good luck!

Barbi,

Go with Arkwright!

This makes a lot of scents.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...