10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2011 12:29 PM by versel RSS

Maintenance

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone noticed that when they log into "my account" there is bar showing progress toward renewal of the status that you've achieved?  As a lifetime Platinum Elite member I actually do not need to continue to achieve the status (though I try my best to not dip below the magic number).  I would think that, in a CRM sense, the Marriott.com site could be designed to know this for those of us in this category.

Just a thought.

• Re: Maintenance
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

No such indicator bar when I sign in.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

When I sign in here is what I get:

Name:

Membership Level: (with nights stayed this year so far)

Point Balance:

Then this statement: 'Congratulations, you've earned Rollover Nights. View Marriott Rewards Activity'.

Then I get the standard items we can click to go to (Account Overview, Trip Planner, Dream Rewards Tracker, Profile, Marriott Rewards Insiders, and so on).

No bar though to tell me how many I need to reach levels. I do have that bar when I go to the "Account Overview" category.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Account Overview is where the  bar graph is--sorry.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Yep -- not surprisingly my bar graph shows activity :).

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

SS

I'm in the same boat, but I am not offended by the bar graph.  I like seeing my "nights stayed".  Reminds  me how a long for the day I don't meet (and exceed) the minimum requirement to hit Platinum....

I agree Shoeman1000, it's not offensive just superfluous for us Lifers!  And it speaks to a lack of personalization on the Marriott site. When I log on to other sites (for example my insurance company) I see personalization of all my needs and wants without any delay.  Why can't Marriott.com be more tailored to our individual needs?

SS, with that clarification, I also see the same info you described.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

agreed.  Reminds me of the latest Nationwide Insurance ad campaign.  It's all about personalization....

Shoeman, you must be watching way too much TV.

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

Doesn't really bother me to see it either. I'm not a lifer yet, but generally travel so much that with rollover I'm platinum well before the new year starts.

What I would like to see is more detail in the Promotion Central section below that. I know you can click on the link, but it would be nice to see your progress right there on the Account Overview.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...