14 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2012 10:22 PM by lisaeholland1 RSS

Marriott, Kaui, Hawaii

harleygirl Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone please give me feedback on the Marriott in Kaui and Maui please??

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Kauai, Hawaii, USA
  • Re: Marriott, Kaui, Hawaii
    hahaha48 Platinum 2 Reviews

the one in maui is very nice (3700 Wailea Alanui Wailea - Maui, HI 96753

)it is next to a big shopping center and you can get pretty much anything you need there including a few good resturants and one small supermarket store. The price in the shopping center is good compare with other maui stores which usually is very expensive

I got an upgraded room which is hugh with some view. They want to charge me hundreds of dollars for the upgrade I turn them down. Apparently I did not notice when I book the room using points that the room needs to pay extra. But they gave it to me for free when I complain about the confusion of the webpage that I did my reservation from. I am platinum anyway and I should have a freeupgrade etc etc.

The pools are very good but water is cold to me in March early april. They have some activity in the resort that are free. We have a car for a week and it is well worth it. You cannot go anywhere without a car. The only thing I would advice you to think twice is to drive and complete a circle in the Island. Part of the road is very bad (dirt and very bummy and winding) but they tell you so on the map.

Overall I would say this is well worth it if you use points and if you have to pay for it it is expensive more than 400 a night.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

hahaha48 Platinum 2 Reviews

BTW Maui is definitely my choice

there are 4 marriotts there and I have look at the other 3 when I drive around the Island. They looks good outside but location wise the resort I stay in has the best location I believe if you want to visit the whole island for one week

traveler2 Platinum

We have stayed at the Mariott Vacation Club in Poipu and it was wonderful. Great beach location. Great area for snorkeling. Would recomend it! I was recently in Maui and stayed next door to the Marriott in Kaanapali.Also a nice property and love the location. There is a great walking path taking you to wonderful hotels, restarants and Whalers Village. The beach isn't very deep but enough and the pool areas are where every one seems to congregate anyway. Nice pools!! If you want something a bit less busy then go to Poipu, if you want a little more activity go to Maui. Aloha!!

Thank you hahaha48, good advice, can u pay the extra for an upgrade using your points or not?

Thank you!

Thank you Traveler2, hadn't thought about that, we plan to spend 5 nights in Kaui and 5 in Maui

versel Alumni Steward Platinum

If you're staying at the Wailea Marriott, they have a Hertz counter right there in the outdoor lobby area. If the weather is nice, rent yourself a convertible for the day and drive the Road to Hana. It's beautiful and there are tons of places to stop and see waterfalls, scenic overviews, etc. Only if you're not a nervous driver, though...some of those curves are pretty tight.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

Yes, you can pay for upgrades with points!  I've done it at both properties.  Or, they MAY upgrade you for free based on your Gold status.  It couldn't hurt to call the hotel directly and ask.  That being said, both properties are beautiful.  Have a great time!  

oakhill Member 44 Reviews

Marriott Kauai Kalapaki beach is very nice with all the amenities. Our stay over Christmas, 2011 was good. Great room, good food at many of the hotel restaurants, good beach, pools, hot tubs. Very easy access to airport and all other parts of the island. The only negatives- $14 per day charge for self parking, no free internet ( another $15 per day). Because of the parking fee and internet charges, we will probably stay somewhere else next time, since almost all other hotels at least now provide free internet.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

oakhill

thanks for the travel-related post!  Your review will help other travelers make decisions on where to spend their travel dollars.  Regarding the internet charge, are you gold or platinum?  It is my understanding that these fees are waived for those levels.

thanks again!

mt Platinum

Oakhill,

Thanks for update. I have also notice they charged $14 for parking, Can you suggest if we really need car in Kauai ? Our plan is mostly for seeightseeing and relaxing  few days. Planing taxito stay 6 days and rental car costs us $494 plus daily parking ...... I can use that money for taxi....any suggestion?

oakhill Member

MT,

We put 416 miles on our rental car seeing the sights over 6 days in Kauai, so a taxi might not save much. From the hotel up the west side of the island is about 35 miles each way, same for going up the east side to the end of the road on the north shore. There are van tours to all the sights that you might look into if you decide to forgo a car.

mt Platinum

Oakhill,

Thanks a lot for your advise. I will book once I am ready for seeeightseeing. Thanks again

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

The Maui Marriott is very special, have not been to Kaui!

lisaeholland1 Platinum 6 Reviews

I'm a corporate meeting planner and  Marriott Platinum and stay at great hotels and resorts at least 100 nights a year. On Maui I've stayed at the Wailea, the Ocean Club and at the Ritz Kapalua and dollar for dollar or point for point I think the best value is at the Ritz or the Ocean Club- I find the Wailea to be overly large and sandwiched in between too many other properties. On Kauai, the Cocounut Beach Courtyard is a secret gem and just had a multi million dollar renovation, love it and I'm not usually one to stay at that level but this one is unique.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...