3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2011 4:50 AM by profchiara RSS

Dont Check In!

nadine Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

If you intend to conduct business, do not check into the Marriott South Park Meadows, which is south of Denver in a lovely area.  The rooms are nice, but the internet is wired?? This is 2011 for heaven's sake.  It was so slow that it was impossible to use.  Then the lights went out in the entire hotel for about an hour.  We were fortunate that a maintenance man was in our room at the time and he gave us his flashlight.  The phone would not work as it is also on electricity.  In addition I have found that several Marriotts have "upgraded" the alarm clocks to an Ipod docking system.  It is not possible to see the clock in the middle of the night.  This clock in particular was not by the nightstand, but on a desk across a large expanse of room, about 24 feet, as we were in a suite.  Thus making it even more impossible to read the digital.  I had them bring an old fashioned clock.  I dont know what "genius" buys these clocks and cannot get wireless in the hotel!  Bad night.  I will not stay here again.

• Re: Dont Check In!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Thanks for the post and this hotel belongs in the do not stay thread that was started last year.  I always carry my netbook as an alternate alarm clock, for what it's worth and have a reiable glow in the dark wrist watch (analog) just in case.  Of course the cell phone is my third backup.  Also if that clock was an i-home model they are supposed to be battery backed up (but you never know) and work for a few hours without power.

I assume that the Denver hotel's Internet vendor did not offer Wireless and that is a first in  my experience.  Many places still have the Internet connector in the room (I am using one now at an RI in Camarillo CA) which appear to be faster than the wireless connection which is also available.

But I also hope that the hotel was told about all this--that makes at least a small dent in the armor of a place that deserves to be recogniozed for its problems.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

singerdave Platinum

Just a friendly thought:

I always use wired when possible out of concern for privacy and security. 

I'll whip out my Ethernet cable (which I carry for times when the room doesn't include one) and try that first.  If that doesn't work, I'll settle for the wireless, which always seems to be unsecured.

But that's just me.  We all have our own preferences.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Although I don't carry one with me, choice of wired or wireless is often available abroad and I too pick wired for security purposes.

I had something similar happen when a near gale hit Princeton about a year ago and the Marriott had no power AT ALL for about 6 hours.  Still, it was horrific weather and most of the area on one side of the river was in the same condition.  They gave us flashlights but there was little else that they or anyone else could do.

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...