2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2011 4:45 PM by singerdave RSS

Removal of “Adult Movies” Thread

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
Currently Being Moderated

Good Afternoon, Insiders.

As some of you may have noticed, the moderation team has removed the forum thread titled “No more adult movies.”

In our judgment, the thread veered far off-topic and ultimately became meaningless to those of you who wanted to read or post on the subject of adult movies being removed from hotel rooms.  In addition, we became concerned, based on feedback we received from many of you privately, that its content and tone was making community members uncomfortable. 

It is our goal to provide a safe, trustworthy community where members feel comfortable having a healthy dialogue related to travel. While we are very liberal in our moderating of content, Marriott does retain the right to remove posts and/or threads that are offensive, objectionable, off-topic, or otherwise in violation of our Terms of Use. We needed to exercise that clause here and we hope you can understand and appreciate our decision.  We have also amended those Terms of Use to make clear that we retain the right to deny access to the community to members who choose to make such posts.

We feel good that this is the first time since the community launched that we’ve had to remove a thread.  Over time, we believe the community has shown a healthy and effective approach to self-policing – and we very much appreciate that.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding our community and its moderation/monitoring approach, please feel free to send me a private message. After all, the Insiders is a community for its members, by its members, and we hope you continue to feel rewarded for your time and participation here.

Regards,

Andrew

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Removal of “Adult Movies” Thread
    proelite Platinum 1 Reviews

You did the rigt thing to remove the offensive thread. I did not see the posts but I think that adult movies are unnecessary in civilized society.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Removal of “Adult Movies” Thread
    singerdave Platinum

I hope that I wasn't part of the problem, but I'm likewise glad to see good community policing.

--------------------

"I did not see the posts but I think that adult movies are unnecessary in civilized society."

What, are you trying to start a new debate? 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...