4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2011 1:38 PM by anadyr RSS

MVCI

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We had a presentation at Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert CA this week. I have not been an MVCI or other Interval owner, and most likely will never be one   The entire process took 90 minutes as promised, was not high pressure, and not all that taxing on us--plus we earned a little money in the deal.

Just a report from here, and I am not taking sides in what is an ongoing dispute over the old and new program.

• Re: MVCI
    superchief1 Platinum

Stepping Stones,

How did you like Shadow Ridge? We will be there for the first time in two weeks. Do you have any recommendations?

As a long term MVC owner, we have enjoyed our wonderful vacations at the resorts. Although we don't like many aspects of the new program, we plan to make the best of it. I am concerned about the spinoff of MVC and long term implications.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Supoer Chief

We have been here a lot as renters over the last four years--four times a year at least The facility is immaculate, the staff friendly, Daniel the manager is very hands on, and all in all a great locale.  Try for the Villages (part one) rather than the Enclaves (part two and newer), which are smaller than the villages and has no views.

If you want restaurant recommendations let me know--we are habitues of many good and some fantastic places to dine here in the desert.

We did discuss the new versus the old program and if I were an owner I might be concerned that my benefits were dwindling.  The reps are putting a good face on this whole change, as you might expect.

Have fun

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

Stepping Stones,

I would greatly appreciate your dining recommendations for the area. We are also planning to use a dinner for 2 certificate while we are there. Since there is no longer a Tuscany in the JW, we may use it at the Renaissance.

I have had pre-arrival discussions with Kathleen in guest relations and she has been exceptionally pleasant and helpful. I hope others there share her enthusiasm for customer service. We are staying in a 1BR in the villages.

Although I was originally against the new DC program, I am finding several benefits that I like and can use to my advantage. Since our daughters are now older, we often only need a 1BR. We find great value in using points for week nights and stay at a Marriott hotel/ resort on weekends using MR pts or weekend rates. The ability to change or cancel without penalty/cost also provides more flexibility. My biggest complaints relate to the inability to combine points from various 'pools', and the low level of DC points assigned to some of my resorts (Oceana Palms, Royal Palms).

Hi, please check your Insiders inbox for some recommendations and have a great time.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...