1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 22, 2011 7:29 PM by anadyr RSS

If You Won the Lottery...

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I don't play the lottery, but it occurred to me to ask Insiders what you would do in terms of travel if you won a substantial amount of money in the lottery.  I'm already doing so, though thanks to my credit cards rather than the lottery.

I'd choose a place not too easily accessible unless I took a cruise.  Crete, the Palace of Knossos. I'd also go back to Egypt and take a full Nile cruise.  And maybe one of those very expensive wine river cruises on the Rhône... The Isle of Capri, which no longer has a Marriott property.  Sicily, the extended islands of Greece...

I'd love to see Marriotts in more places in the world, and hopefully that is coming.  So if we tell them where we want to go, who knows?  And why would you want to go to that particular place?
ProfChiara

• Re: If You Won the Lottery...
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Pan Am had one, United Air Lines still does, Georgetown, my alma mater, wanted me to join one they have scheduled:  An around the world trip by first class air, with hotels and meals at the best of the best places along the way.  That's my lottery winner's dream.  I would of course linger at some places more than others, paying homage to certain locales and brief acknowledgement to others.  Maybe some day?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...