Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2013 12:06 PM by mdphillips69 RSS

Marriott website problems

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

What is going on with the Marriott website? It says I have no future reservations (I have four), and it says I haven't stayed in the last 13 months! (I did reach my 75 nights for Platinum). I'm not the only one as there are others on flyertalk with the same problem (posts started appearing on the 22nd Jan), but nothing seems to be being done by Marriott to fix it or any mention anywhere that there is a problem. I'm unable to look at any of my past stays to check they have been correctly posted. Whats going on Marriott?

Last Recorded Transaction:

Our records show no activity in the last 13 months. If you made a hotel stay more than 10 days ago and it has not posted to your account, please fill out a missing stay request.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott website problems
    bonzaiflyer Platinum

I've had the same issue for 2 days now.  Seems the web gurus aren't in much of a hurry to correct it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ssstw1 Platinum

Try a different computer - I noticed this last week that from one computer and when I checked from another it was fine... suspect it had something to do with cache and tokens getting stale on one machine or something.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I have been having so many problems signing in to MI.

Trying to connect from a post gives me a blank page and the following url.

https://www.marriott.com/SSOServlet?resume=/idp/sEq5y/resumeSAML20/idp/SSO.ping&spentity=http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com

Signing in from the Marriott site (or trying to) has been giving me no way to sign in.  Nothing that says "sign in".

I've been trying for about 10 minutes to answer a post and couldn't get there at all.

This is SO frustrating and maddening!!!!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

That does sound maddening and I'm happy to help - If you could send any details and/or screenshots to me at insidershelp@marriott.com that would help me look into it.

You can try signing into Insiders via:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/login.jspa

This time, I got to sign in rather simply by opening the e-mail and clicking onto "Reply to this message" at the bottom of the e-mail.

When I tried to click on the url you gave, it changed to the following with no way to sign in.  I don't know how to take a picture of the screen.

https://www.marriott.com/sessionTimedOut.mi

I saved the page but can't find it.  I'll have to get my son to help find it to send it and the other pages to you.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/einterface/mgmri

Do these url's show you anything?

I was also wondering why there are so many problems in tagging locations, too.

This was on psudad's post about his upcoming Brussels's vacation.  I've noticed it all over the MI site. 

LocationBrandHotel
        Brussels, BelgiumMarriott Hotels & ResortsCourtyard Nashville Downtown
        Ghent, BelgiumMarriott Hotels & ResortsFairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton

There's no way the cities that are posting should be coming up at all.  I've also noticed their changing after they post correctly, like a post about Mobile, AL, I think.

Like today, I tried to answer from the MI post where it says 'sign in'.  Clicked on it and there was no 'sign in' spot on that screen.  I tried to copy but couldn't.  I had the url saved, but accidentally clicked twice and it disappeared, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

BTW, we also have to "purchase" the enhanced log-on every 24 hours here at the RI.  That's only been for the last month.  Lots of things going on with Marriott that might be conflicting with each other.  Sometimes the "purchase" site takes us to a screen that has no 'sign in' spot also. 

I was just trying to post a destination that I'd just found out about.  After spending quite a while trying to post it, it disappeared while I was trying to post the place to the top line.  Again, very exasperating.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I'm having no issues with the site.  I have had issues previously with MI and changed my browser to Firefox and all has been fine since so maybe it's an internet explorer issue again.

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

I am not having any problems with the marriott.com site and I check it daily.  However, I have had the marriott insiders site go to "maintenance in progress" several evenings at 7:00 PM pacific.  And, the comments and likes that I left during that session never took effect.

mdphillips69 Platinum 9 Reviews

Another recent problem: If you make multiple online reservations for multiple cities back to back, as I often do, the list of hotels does not update.  For example, I made reservations for Houston, TX. Upon trying to make reservations for the following night in San Antonio, all hotels listed were still for Houston.  The only way I have been able to get around this is to choose the city from the drop down list as it "auto populates".  This is a work around, but does no good when trying to find a hotel near a specific address using advanced search.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...