This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.
Good Afternoon, Insiders.
Recently we completed interviews and focus groups with a range of Insiders members, from those brand new to the community to those who joined Insiders the first day it was launched in March of 2008. The feedback was tremendous--we gathered an incredible amount of detail about how the website should be organized and the functionality you value, as well as how you view the relationship between Marriott and the Insiders community.
Here are the 5 most important ideas coming out of the research thus far:
1) You need to find what you're looking for quickly and trust that you're getting relevant results. We're looking at how to improve the search functionality for the relaunch.
2) You need to be able to engage in conversation more easily. We're examining how to organize the site to support your need for easily joining dialogues and responding to fellow Insiders' posts.
3) You need to quickly be able to put your finger on the pulse of what's happening in the community. We're identifying how to better surface the most current and robust conversations so you can see hot topics more quickly.
4) You want to have a 2-way conversation with Marriott and feel that you're being heard at the corporate level. We're looking at how we can be more responsive to the Insiders community.
5) You want integration with Marriott.com. We found that many of you are going back and forth between the Insiders site and Marriott.com and you're keen for content to be linked between the two sites. We're identifying ways to meaningfully connect content that supports the ways you use both sites.
In addition to understanding all the parts of Insiders that aren't optimal right now, we also got some praise from you for offering a site that lets you interact with other Marriott Rewards members on any topic of your choosing. You told us that despite structural issues with the site, you value the Insiders community. Thank you for letting us know that, too! We are excited to relaunch Insiders in the coming months. We'll keep you informed on the progress so you'll know what changes to expect and when it will happen.
Next step: In March we'll ask for your input via two new survey opportunities. One will be looking for you to rate the value of different elements of the Insiders website, while another will be focused on a potential new feature. We hope many of you will participate in these surveys so we can incorporate your feedback into the Insiders redesign.
Thank you again for being such an invested and passionate community--we're grateful to have customers that care as much as you do.
Andrew and the Marriott Rewards Insiders Team
I greatly appreciate the opportunity to provide input, and the to interact with other insiders. One thing I didn't see mentioned is adding Marriott Vacationclub to the forum topic groupings. With the recent spinoff of this division, I hope our comments regarding this area aren't ignored.
I hope that you don't limit future surveys to a select few Insiders.
Successful surveys do not need to be performed via web-cam or telephone (although we haven't heard from anyone that participated in the supposed telephone survey).
Why not post your questions here and ask for our responses? You will obviously receive a greater and more diversified response to your survey.
I participated in the survey (over an hour and a half video conference) with three other super users of insiders and it was handled very professionally. The Marriott representative was very receptive to the suggestions made and most seem to have been incorporated into Andrews response. Thank you for allowing me to participate in this survey.
When you are on the forums page, click on the category (Business, Marriott Rewards, Hotels, Local Area) instead of the actual post. The entire category of posts will come up. Scroll to the post that you have an interest in. Click on the + sign just below the original post on the left side. The last reply will be the first one you see. The replies are reversed when done this way.
For instance, if you click the Business category and go to the bottom of Andrews post and click on the + sign on the lower left at the bottom of Andrew's post, my reply will be first unless someone has posted after me.
This is excellent news and I also thank MRI for the chance to participate in the SuperUsers net meeting.
One suggestion I made during the meeting that I hope MRI will do PRIOR to releasing the new site: have some MRI volunteers test the ALPHA version as a CRP (Conceptual Requirements Planning) or BETA versions as a UAT (User Acceptance Test) to allow for feeback BEFORE general release. I'll wager nearly all MRI participants would rather "beat up on" a Alpha/Beta version - even if it means a delay in the general release - rather than have another April 2010 fiasco.