8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2011 2:33 PM by mgproductsiscn RSS

Free breakfast on weekends

pilotpp Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Long time Platinum member, I have always received a free breakfast on weekends when Concierge is closed. The Downtown Salt Lake Marriott refuses to offer any level of breakfast. I have read and always thought that it was a benefit.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Niagara Falls, Canada
  • Re: Free breakfast on weekends
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Used to be offered at most hotels but is only a benefit guaranteed Monday through Friday, when the Lounge is closed or not available. Resorts, as always, are excluded from the offer for even that.  A few places still do it, but not many in my experience.

Sorry

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

This really seems unacceptable for a full service Marriott/Renaissance for Gold and Platinum members.  I've never been denied a breakfast anywhere in Europe or the Middle East even at places where the lounge is closed for the weekend.  However, during my recent stay at the Marriott Copley Plaza Boston they gaveme  Starbucks coupons for $10 to use in lieu of breakfast.  That was not my idea of breakfast and I probably only used about $3 woth each day on a cup of coffee.

I think just like free internet service, free breakfasts should be the norm for Gold and Platinum members everywhere (EVEN at Courtyards!).

ProfChiara

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I checked with the Annapolis Marriott where I will be staying in a couple of weeks and was told by FD that their comp breakfast is weekdays only.  They don't have a concierge lounge.  I agree with the Professor...this is kind of chinsey.  And since they don't have a lounge, that means no free water, which I drink a ton of.

sandyweb33 Platinum

This is why people are moving their loyalty to other hotels.

50holding Platinum

Fallsview Marriott in Niagara Ontario Canada offers free breakfast to gold and platinum on weekends. We are very impressed with the welcoming way they treat elite.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

We've stayed at the Long Beach (CA) Marriott several times and they've always offered free breakfast buffets on weekends.  Also, their concierge lounge is open on weekends to get drinks and hang out, but it's not staffed. 

The Renaissance Blackstone in Chicago, when we stayed, would only offer Platinum members Starbucks certificates.  Gold members were SOL, which is against Marriott policy.   

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

We received free breakfast buffets at the Newport Beach, CA Marriott during a recent weekend stay. (which was excellent by the way!)

mgproductsiscn Platinum

I have asked Marriott managers, as well as corporate, why weekends are not treated the same as weekdays.  Corporate never answers the question of why all that is offered is a recitation of the guidelines.  (standard for anything you ask, like I can't read or what).  Local managers seem to offer more of an answer, probably because I'm standing there.  I always express my great appreciation when I stay somewhere like the Residence Inn in Holland, MI and get breakfast on a weekend, while my complaints at Renaissance in Chicago seem to fall on deaf ears.  I'm beginning to question why I invest so much into my loyalty to Marriott when the perks continue to erode.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...