3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2011 1:40 PM by anadyr RSS

Charlotte Marriott City Center - Elite treatment is random

twodown Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

With rollover nights from 2010, I reached platinum for 2011 before February 14, 2011.  Most of those 2010 nights were spent at the Marriott City Center in Charlotte, yet I don't feel special when I return.

On some occasions, I get a room upgrade.  On many occasions, I get the evening turndown and care package (robe, shower gel, etc.).   Too many times, they treat me like they don't know me.  I get an ordinary room, no robe, no extra towels (in my profile), and no morning news paper.

Going to try the Omni for a while, maybe they will appreciate my business a little more.

• Re: Charlotte Marriott City Center - Elite treatment is random
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Consistency is a wonderful thing--when it happens!  I too have found that the same location will "forget" about things that happened a week ago when I was last there, to my dismay.  The problem is in communication:  the front desk needs to flag frequent elite guests for all services to which they are accustomed and provided.  It makes a hotel seem less welcoming when you need to call down for something that you've gotten in the past. My pet peeve is a fridge and extra  towels--I am batting under .500 for those items.  And though I specifically ask for delivery of the Wall Street Journal it never comes to the door in the morning.

Thanks for the post.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

isn't that funny?  Just today, despite having the wsj in my profile, I did not receive it.  In fact, I received nothing.  I would say I get it 7 out of 10 times, but shouldn't the goal be 100% of the time?  Oftentimes it comes down to the little things.....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

One associate at the front desk of a Marriott hotel last year suggested that I buy a paper at the gift shop.  First time that I laughed out loud at the reception area. I smiled, thanked her for the suggestion and headed out the door to work!

"In any team sport, the best teams have consistency and chemistry."

Roger Staubach

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...