6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2011 6:38 PM by nuhusker RSS

Caddyshack victorius

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Most of you have heard by now that Bill Murray's team won the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.  Bill's antics are crowd pleasers but hardly the stuff that helps a professional golfer's concentration. For a time there was talk of not letting him attend but his star quality won the day, and the game.

Today, at one hole (14) he changed a bit.  Every other day at some home on one of the courses, he buys out the ice cream vendor's cart, hands him a wad of bills then throws them to the crowd.  Today, instead he bought two and paid for them then offered them to his playing partner who demurred, sensing he was about to rake in over a million dollars for winning the whole thing.  Bill seemed ready to play along and at the award ceremony was well-behaved.

So as the sun set the clouds rolled in and we're preparing for a week of normal February weather--chilly and rainy.

• Re: Caddyshack victorius
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I, for one, enjoy Bill Murray's antics.  I hope they never seriously consider removing him from the tournament. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Totally agree Shoeman.  Has someone actually mentioned barring him?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

There was some grumbling but he's such a draw and a nice fellow too that he's got a lifetime exemption from being disbarred.  Ironically he has made a lot of friends here on the Peninsula, and makes an annual pilgrimage to the homes of folks he has "bothered" over the years by sitting on their decks or patios fronting the course.

I agree that he needs to stay, and apparently he will.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

The discussion at the end of the match from D.A. Points was that he'd love to have Bill Murray as his partner again. Loved the 18th green when he somewhat re-enacted the moment for sinking the putt to win the world! I also saw those ice cream antics. Hilarious!

SS: I can actually see these pictures!

I have decided to go back to the old photo ways.  DA was gracious and I thought Bill's play also helped him stay calm during those last few holes.  Murray has been coming at least 15 years and his game is getting better and better. Gary McCord mentioned that he thought his handicap was ten or under--I'd say under based on his play.

Conditions for play were nearly perfect and the lack of wind most days really helped. They actually had to water (by hand) the greens--something that rarely happens this time of the year.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

SteppingStones, on my PC (Firefox) I can see your photos either way, but I prefer the small ones that enlarge when clicked on.

Also, Jim Nance and Nick Faldo mentioned that Bill's HC was 14.  Either way, not bad.

Thanks again for the photos and updates.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...