3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2011 9:54 AM by waterrat2 RSS

Terrific Deal in NYC

waterrat2 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I just returned from the New York Marriott Downtown, which is located in the Financial District near Ground Zero.  As we live in Connecticut, we are frequent vistors to NYC and have stayed in hotels throughout the city.  It is very rare indeed to stay at any decent hotel for less than $200 per night.  In fact, while we have been making these trips for over 15 years I can only think of one other time when I was able to book a hotel under $200.  That was at the Embassey Suites, also near Ground Zero.

As part of Marriott's Last Minute Weekend promotion, which is offerred at nearly all the hotels in the Marriott chain, we were able to stay for two nights at $179 per night.  In addition we received a $100 Bonus Bucks Weekend Coupon that we can use at any Marriott property and an airfare voucher worth up to $100 depending on the cost of the flight.  These vouchers have certain restrictions and time limits so we may or may not be able to use them.  What really made this a good deal is that it included breakfast for two adults and two children each morning at the hotel's restaurant '85 West'.  This restaurant was formerly part of Roy Yamaguchi's restaurant chain and it still serves an excellent breakfast.

This was our third stay at the Marriott Downtown.  It's located in a great part of the city with many attractions nearby, yet it is also very quiet on the weekends once trading on Wall Street ends. We had a great view of the harbor including the Statue of Liberty and the Staten Island Ferry.  The excellent restaurants in Tribeca are only one or two subway stops away (or a reasonable cab ride).  It takes half an hour by subway to be in the theatre district.  All in all a terrific weekend in the city at a great price.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts New York Marriott Downtown
New York City, New York, USA
  • Re: Terrific Deal in NYC
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Great news--that is really a bargain for NYC. Thanks for the tip!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

maihem Platinum 8 Reviews

I am taking my 3 boys to a Yankee Game and staying there, I also want them to get some of the good flavors of the city (pizza, bagels, etc) are there a lot of good restaurants close, or do you need to hit more by Times Square, etc?  Thanks for your post!

waterrat2 Platinum 2 Reviews

There are some very nice restaurants up on Duane Street, which is one subway stop or a short cab ride away.  City Hall and Mehtaphor are two that I've eaten at that I enjoyed.  Harry's Cafe, which is over by Wall Street, is another.  The restaurant at the hotel is pretty good as well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...