This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2011 7:01 PM by poloman1818 RSS

Forums vrs. Ask & Answer

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone else share with me the perception that our "Experienced" travelers utilize "Forums", and the newer professionals use "Ask & Answer"?

It really seems like so many "Ask & Answer" questions would be easily answered if people just had "Forums" as a category.

There may be a lot more "Knowledge" exchanged, along with time/money saved if everyone went to one category, whatever you want to call it.

Any thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Forums vrs. Ask & Answer
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I generally agree that the A&A is used by the "less seasoned" MRI member - but with due cause, i.e., the current search capabilities of the forum make it nearly impossible to find previously posted items.

The good news is presented in another one of my posts: Sort Sequence

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Pingreeman,

Ok, that makes sense!

Thanks for the input.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I will echo the 'good news' in Pingreeman's comments. I was also part of that web-conference and agree that Marriott seems to be listening to the input they are receiving. We shared so much information in that gathering that we could have gone much longer, but they were most likely on a time stamp to prep for the next web call.

It will take time, but I think they (Marriott, et al) are trying to get it right in the next edition.

I also want to give kudos to Pingreeman's ability to break down what some of us were conveying into a sensible, easy to understand thought for consumption by the Marriott folks. Thanks Pingreeman! 

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I agree Jerry.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Maybe this has been brought up before but if every post was  context sensitive it might help.  If when a person asks a question or makes a comment with a key term about a location or an issue there was a pop-up window that indicated other threads on this issue exist, it would help me as well.

poloman1818 Alumni Steward Gold

I would agree, coming from the standpoint of a new member. I see that there are thousands of strands and posts to comment on, but the navigation of site site makes it difficult to find where you can "insert" yourself into the conversation. The A&A is clear cut, and while it does not seem as interesting (and I may not be able to answer many questions) it is very straight-forward.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...